• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC2006 Grads

WEGL

orders finally came out last week. started moving stuff down from ATL this week and reporting next week. report date is Friday Feb 2, anyone know if it's better to report earlier. I'm supposed to detach from my ROTC command in ATL Wed 31st and could make it to P'cola before COB no problem. would that get me in line ahead of the other a-poolers coming down for Feb (slightly less wait time)?

No. Checking in earlier will do you NO good. Detach on Wed, take Thurs off, check in on Fri at 0700. All the briefs will be held on Fri. You won't be able to do anything any other day but get your orders stamped, and there's no reason you can't do that Fri morning.... not like you're going to be busy or anything. Good luck.....

RunninUte

Ute Nation
Hey just update and need any advice.

I took PTAD last weekend to Pcola and my wife and I found a great home and decided to go ahead and purchase it. (Investment and folks might want a retirement home) I am still waiting for my orders at this point. I put in an email that I would like March 2nd as a report date and I see others getting that date, but I am still waiting for official orders at this point. I heard there are like 600 NFO's waiting to start API?

Now the question, My closing date on the home is Feb 20th. I was hoping to be down there at that time, but if the orders don't come I am not sure what my options are.

Any advice will help. Thanks

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey just update and need any advice.

I took PTAD last weekend to Pcola and my wife and I found a great home and decided to go ahead and purchase it. (Investment and folks might want a retirement home) I am still waiting for my orders at this point. I put in an email that I would like March 2nd as a report date and I see others getting that date, but I am still waiting for official orders at this point. I heard there are like 600 NFO's waiting to start API?

Now the question, My closing date on the home is Feb 20th. I was hoping to be down there at that time, but if the orders don't come I am not sure what my options are.

Any advice will help. Thanks

You need not be present to close a real estate transaction, if that's what you're asking. You can sign & have notarized all the necessary documents no matter where you might be. Your agent should be able to make that happen.

Brett

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
doesn't matter. enjoy ATL a little while longer.

Not true! My roommate and I came down the Tuesday or Wednesday instead of the Friday of our report week. We ended up classing up about a month earlier than the guys who came in after us. It has to do with time on deck. Getting there a day early is a secret that is CONSTANTLY dispelled by others but it works. And if it doesn't, then you're there a day early to get your personal life in order before the onslaught of briefs.

However, those guys I left behind in the dust at API are now caught up or past me in Primary due to Corpus weather delays.

Say hi to ATL for me.....

Pags

N/A
pilot
Not true! My roommate and I came down the Tuesday or Wednesday instead of the Friday of our report week. We ended up classing up about a month earlier than the guys who came in after us. It has to do with time on deck. Getting there a day early is a secret that is CONSTANTLY dispelled by others but it works. And if it doesn't, then you're there a day early to get your personal life in order before the onslaught of briefs.

However, those guys I left behind in the dust at API are now caught up or past me in Primary due to Corpus weather delays.

Say hi to ATL for me.....

I guess I got misunderstood. I don't know if showing up early helps, but I know ATL is a whole lot better than Pcola. If I had to choose between spending a few days in ATL when I knew a lot of people there and starting API early, I would take ATL again a heart beat. Sweetwater brewery tour or Squids and Kids? No Contest. A good buddy of mine just mailed me a sweetwater festive ale. Now that's an awesome care package.