• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Death By PowerPoint

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Agree, mine was 63 slides, almost all imagery type slides. Some of the best section briefs I have ever sat through required little more than a map and two post it notes. The problem though is that now advanced quals and designations seem to require the PowerPoint Opus.

Sorry to be a thread resurrector...

I just did my NSI check in my new bird. We clocked in at in the high 50s for the section work, plus another 10 or so for the single ship work.

I guess everything changes when the briefing spaces have giant touchscreens, vice a 1-gun and having to drag a laptop from an office, or worse, a transparency projector. We all blow the curve for each other. By next year, FCF hover work in the midfield grass will require Flash video and sound effects.

very similar pictures (sorry, had to look ...)
USCG_C130_Hercules.jpg
This has to be the cleanest a/c I have ever seen when did they take the photo on the way from the factory to the base?

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
LOL Ah, to be a nugget again. I'll tell you what a senior LT told me in the RAG: There will be a time in the not so distant future when you'll be able to go out and do just about any mission your jet can do without batting an eye, or even thinking too much about it, or having to sweat about the planning that you fret over today. You'll just go and do it because it's what you do, and because you're good at your job.

Brett

Have you been in a Large Force Strike recently? What a PITA. Two dozen freq's, AF guys, Brits, Saudis, the Poles (My God, the Poles!). Half of the crap that would end up on my knee was just so when my double-anchor brother is mired in comm's and chart, I (as stick monkey) may be able to answer the radio once or twice. It was kind of like best ball golf. . . If I could contribute once or twice, I felt like I had done my job.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
This has to be the cleanest a/c I have ever seen when did they take the photo on the way from the factory to the base?
Well, those were delivered to the USCG from around 2002 to 2004 and they have not been operational yet (they need search windows and flare launch tubes). They are going to go operational next year, so they will start looking a little more broken in, as they get off the ramp more.