• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Pro-Rec, now what?

For Reserve CEC, we have had an absolute ton of ENS coming into the command over the last couple of years, and had 15 at one point. The Battalion only had 22 billets for Officers, and that counted Medical, Chaps, S4, CO, etc. We had a lot of guys IAP. Is this typical for other communities?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Well, my OR is back in the office. We spoke briefly on the phone to agree to set up a longer phone conference later this week. I sent an email to confirm the date/time and am now waiting for the OR's response.

Joining the Navy really is a waiting game!

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Well, through a random series of events I was able to find out who my detailer is! I filled out some forms and sent them off. Hopefully this will make the process from here on out go more smoothly...I am so excited that this waiting is almost worse than the board results wait!

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Sweet! Oh no, the wait for board results was pretty bad! Hopefully they can expedite your comm docs so you can join the fleet ASAP. I know you're ready to go and that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter! I've got to clear the MEPS hurdle next week and then it's time to wait again.

Renegade One

None
"We're the Seabees of the Navy
We can build and we can fight
We'll pave the way to victory
And guard it day and night…
And we promise that we remember
The "Seventh of December"
We're the Seabees of the Navy
Bees of the Seven Seas!"

Words by Sam M. Lewis
Music by Peter de Rose

mzmtg

CEC DCO Appplicant
Well, through a random series of events I was able to find out who my detailer is!

Could you describe the random series of events, ma'am?

ruckusiy6.jpg

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Sure! I was out on a job site with my phone turned off all day. When I got back to the work trailer I turned it on and saw an email that started "All CEC Officers..." and was sent from someone at CEC detailing. (that was the random part of it the series of events.) I then proceeded to email the sender asking if she knew who my detailer was. A response was sent including my detailers name and contact information. A further email was sent with a contact information form I needed to fill out.

That about sums up the entire episode. In retrospect it was far more exciting at the time to get this new nugget of information than it sounds now. Still, I feel like I am able to be a bit more pro-active now.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Well, got my 'verbal' orders today. Just need the final version and then I can commission. :) looks like I'm going in as IAP to the detachment at my local NOSC.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

mzmtg

CEC DCO Appplicant
Did you get any indication of how long you might be IAP before they find you a billet?

Or is it just for your indoc drills?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Well, the orders indicated a PRD of 30NOV14. However I would imagine I would get orders to a billet before when one opens up.

Can someone named floridaseabee comment on this?

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Well, got my 'verbal' orders today. Just need the final version and then I can commission. :) looks like I'm going in as IAP to the detachment at my local NOSC.

AWESOME! I know you're excited! I hope your husband can be the one that gives you the oath. All of your hard work and persistence has finally paid off.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Pop him a PM.
BzB

Oh, he will be getting a message! I was just hoping he could shed some more light on the IAP process on the forum. I know that until he mentioned it in a previous post on this thread I had never heard of it. I don't want to hoard all of the knowledge of the CEC DCO process. :)

AWESOME! I know you're excited! I hope your husband can be the one that gives you the oath. All of your hard work and persistence has finally paid off.

Thanks! I am very excited and so is PenguinGuy! He has already invited his friends to the commissioning ceremony even though it hasn't been scheduled yet. Silly boy...

Concerning Billets. Remember, there is a MAJOR reorg of the Reserve NCF coming around. Many Enlisted are going to be jockying for the few billets that will remain in CMSID, with the rest remaining in IAP for a year without penalty (either to find a billet outside the NCF, cross rate, or even separate). They are about to get bent over a barrel, hard. For the Officers, I haven't seen much traffic from the detailers recently...they are still trying to figure out how to make this work as well. Here is the last communication from the detailing office:

"CEC RC JO Detailing for FY14 will be significantly different than it has been in the past. Our community will continue to use Regional Detailers (CC'd above, with regions described below) and we will NOT use JO APPLY. However, a confluence or Naval Construction Forces (NCF) reorganizations, CEC RC billet restructuring, and limited IDTT funding for many/all commands supported by CEC Reservists, will require that most Junior Officers will be detailed into billets within a Reasonable Commuting Distance (Defined by CNRF as 100 miles distance or a 3-hr drive from your residence.)"

Many ENSs will remain IAP for a bit (how long? only detailers know), which is typical (especially for those who just affiliated). Now, when the Duty Preference Worksheet is sent out from the detailing office to every CEC JO, you will have the ability to select the billet you want (should be ones in your home Battalion). You will then send it back to your regional detailer. They will decide how the billets are done. Remember, we do not use APPLY.

Note: Keep in mind everything above is subject to change. For right now: Don't sweat IAP for yourself as you are JUST coming onboard. Fill out the DPW when it comes out and be proactive with your detailer. Don't ever make him chase you for data/input/etc.

The NCF is in a huge state of flux right now....billets, re-org, 4-2-0 plans, etc..