• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Pro-Rec, now what?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Thanks, FloridaSeabee! I was hoping you would come by and correct me if my information was wrong. :)

PLease don't misunderstand me, I am not worried at ALL about being IAP. Given the reorganization and stiff competition, I am just excited and grateful to have been selected!

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Now, a random question about commissioning ceremony. I have been talking with PenguinGuy about how this is all going to go down when the time comes around (hopefully sometime in August!) We were thinking about doing a quick ceremony at his school followed by a toast/drink at the bar there with everyone that attends the ceremony (he is planning on inviting his classmates) and then a cookout with those who are closer to me and us. Through all of this my husband has been my number one supporter. He has helped me with everything from untangling the jargon to proofing my emails before they get sent out (until I started to get the hang of how to approach military communication.) I cannot put into words how much he has helped me. At the ceremony he will be administering my oath and pinning on my insignia. Is it weird to do something/get him something to show my appreciation? If it isn't, any suggestions?

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
I don't think weird at all! I pretty sure he won't want anything. He's just really excited to see you achieve this milestone and he's proud to be a part of the process.

Maybe a watch would be appropriate gift if you decide to get him something. I think you said he was a SWO.

http://www.navywatchesus.com/Products.html#
image.jpg

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Wow. I am so humbled and proud of the community which I will be joining shortly.

Earlier this afternoon I received the mass communication of the CEC bi-monthly newsletter. In it, they congratulated the 11 people pro-rec'd for CEC DCO. (it was awesome to see my name on that list! lol) Anyway, within an hour, one of the CEC officers who interviewed me for my package sent me a congratulatory email. The fact that he took the time to do this and remembered me from an interview over a year ago is mind boggling. I am truly honored to be accepted into this community.

Thank you all for putting up with me and my craziness during this process. :) I hope to one day be able to pay your kindness forward.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Since I posted the question here, I thought I should do the follow up here as well. As awesome as the watch is that Bam Bam posted, I got him something that he can use for future celebrations as well...
il_fullxfull.432058376_beze.jpg

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Very nice! I could drink a couple of brews out of one of those. Of course, I'd have to run at least a 10 miler before because of my crappy metabolism but I digress....... Good choice.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
They could be light beers or lemonade? :D

I'd just drink twice as many lite beers! I'd rather run the ten miles and enjoy some nice frosty brews. Of course, that's after I've commissioned, been thru DCOIC and passed my PRT! Until then it's vodka and flavored water preceded by at least a 5k! Stupid metabolism.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Wow, I did not realize how complicated this commissioning process is!

Since I started the application I moved about 450 miles away which puts me in a different recruiting district. Since day 1 I have told my OR that if I am selected I want my husband to swear me in. Due to scheduling difficulties and living so far apart, it is quite impractical to head back to the NRD whence I was selected. I thought it would be easy to get the documents sent up here, have my husband witness the signing and send them back to my OR or BUPERS. Yeah, not so much. As it turns out I needed to get a local OR involved in this process. I'm not sure what he is going to do, but my OR said he is needed so I found one!

Hopefully this paperwork will all work out by the time I get home and the commissioning can commence! More updates to come...

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Update! I heard from the 'new' OR that my OR will be sending the documents in the mail early next week. That means that he should have them by the end of the week and as such everything should be good to go for the week I am in town! Woohoo!

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
No Ma'am! I'm looking for one around town somewhere. We have TONS of pawn shops around here due to the close proximity to Fort Hood. Unfortunately, I’m not in need of a speaker box, PS3, LED TV or 22” rims! As it turns out, very few young people in the Army pawn off Silver Dollars. I’m still on the lookout and I may drive down to Austin to pick one up.