• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO or enlist?

DCO or enlist?

• Total voters

exNavyOffRec

I agree that standardization is certainly preferable when feasible, though I'd be curious to see how they might do that given variation across the applicant pool.

Re your last point: I take it in good humor as I know you were not privy to my application, but the fact that I was selected indicates that a number of people -- my OR, interviewers and several LOR endorsers (across multiple NRDs) -- disagreed with your assessment of my preparation, and that of my peers. I generally shy away from judging or underestimating folks I've never before met, but that's just me. You know the old saying about assumptions... ;)

In the application for DCO, the OR comments have basically no weight, and LOR comments are minimal weight, a person could have top application but if the interview appraisal is say an 8 then that will kill an application, the interview appraisal from the Senior member of the appraisal board basically makes or breaks the application.

I don't have had to see your application as you said you had under 5 years, that would have killed an application that came through my (and several) other NRD's out there, that is why I said it needs to be standardized so everyone knows where they stand, you were lucky to go through the NRD you did as there are many others that you probably would not have seen a board or if you did get to a board probably not selected based on that standard those appraisal officers go by.

Renegade One

None
You know what my ROPS comments say on page 4 of the APSR?

"Concur with officer recruiters remarks"
I think that is what most end up saying
Whoa…even if the candidate is now a "bro" on AW and has a Trophy Point?!?
60207703.jpg