• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO in CEC FY13 Board, chances?

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Good luck PenguinGal! How did you get your NRD to let you go to MEPS before you were ProRec'd? I've tried for months but they won't allow me to go until I get selected.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Thanks bambam!

They actually made me go to MEPS before they would submit my application. Different districts, different practices?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Well, I spoke to the processor today. He told me my package was at the board. Now it really is a short-term waiting game. I'm getting nervous....

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Good luck! You've got great creds and an awesome attitude! I really hope you get picked up because you've worked really hard to make this happen. Good luck to everyone who is up for the CEC DCO board, hopefully there's a 100% selection rate!

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Well, that was a depressing phone call. My OR just told me that they have no results and further, that they have had no confirmation that the board even happened this past month.

And so the wait continues.

exNavyOffRec

Well, that was a depressing phone call. My OR just told me that they have no results and further, that they have had no confirmation that the board even happened this past month.

And so the wait continues.

There has been talks of reducing reserve CB units, when they talked about (and did) reduce active CB units they cancelled boards and reduced numbers.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
There has been talks of reducing reserve CB units, when they talked about (and did) reduce active CB units they cancelled boards and reduced numbers.

So I heard. Something about over 6000 reserve CB billets? This is truly reinforcing that I probably won't get selected. Well, at least no news isn't bad news. Thanks, NavyOffRec!

The drawdown is already underway. There used to be 12 Reserve NMCBs, and we are going down to 6 by the end of FY14. One of the NCR is also being chopped. There is a major shakeup in the detailing of JO's in FY14 and the Enlisted are already jockying for position to fill billets. I am not trying to be 'doom and gloom', but wanted to let you know what the status of the community was. As NavyOffRec said, just wait and see. You never know.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
As NavyOffRec said, just wait and see. You never know.

While I continue to wait, the writing on the wall is obvious: the chances of my selection are somewhere between slim and none.

I truly appreciate all of the support, information, and advice that i have gotten in this and other threads. I have a feeling I am going to be a bit more quiet around here until I get my rejection. Thank you!!

Send it up. The worse they can do is say 'No'. I got denied twice before being accepted between '03 and '05. Took me having my FE to put me over the top.

mzmtg

CEC DCO Appplicant
Send it up. The worse they can do is say 'No'. I got denied twice before being accepted between '03 and '05. Took me having my FE to put me over the top.

I think I've got a pretty solid package, overall. I've also committed myself to reapplying as many times as they'll let me, if necessary.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I think I've got a pretty solid package, overall. I've also committed myself to reapplying as many times as they'll let me, if necessary.

You are lucky. I like to think I have a solid package too...but I only get one shot.