• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DC Sniper to die Tuesday, 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Ok... this douche definitely deserves to die.

However, I bring this to the table: why not make him die as he did his victims? Single gunshot wound to the belly... something that will extend the suffering through his last breath.

I am a huge fan of equal retribution. If you are a murderer, you should die the same way you killed your victim(s). If the victim dies quickly, use the same weapon, but draw out the pain.

I am a huge fan of Hammurabi type justice in certain cases... eye for an eye motherfvcker.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In all seriousness... reading some of the translations in the "King James Bible" and comparing it to the original Hebrew.... wouldn't be surprised with a LOT of English translations of MANY original texts being completely inaccurate.

That is one argument of why Muslim scripture is linguistically pristine, as it has supposedly never been translated from Arabic. Muslims consider translations of the Quran to be invalid.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ That's why I studied the New Testament in the 'original' Greek w/ some Aramaic and English cross references and concordances thrown in for good measure ... the Old Testament in Hebrew was way, way more than I was capable of ... so I opted for ... *GASP* ... Engrish (sic).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
^ That's why I studied the New Testament in the 'original' Greek w/ some Aramaic and English cross references and concordances thrown in for good measure ... the Old Testament in Hebrew was way, way more than I was capable of ... so I opted for ... *GASP* ... Engrish (sic).

The Biblical Hebrew was WAY different from the King James (or equivalent) English at times. BELIEVE IT!

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
If he is insane, does he still get the virgins?

martyrdom.jpg

What pisses me off, is they give this idiot the title of "sniper". His furthest shot was what... 50 yards? He's nothing more than a cowardice lunatic with a rifle. DC Shooter would be appropriate, but unfortunately that would also cover a lot of people.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
The Biblical Hebrew was WAY different from the King James (or equivalent) English at times. BELIEVE IT!

I had 3 years of Hebrew in Highschool. It's really not that bad aside from everything having a singular/plural/male/female form. As for translations, King James was screwy, but the modern day translations from the Greek are pretty good. Ultimately, I suppose if you want the true product, you have to learn the true language.

On topic: I hope they have to stab him 50 times to find a vein.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had 3 years of Hebrew in Highschool. It's really not that bad aside from everything having a singular/plural/male/female form. As for translations, King James was screwy, but the modern day translations from the Greek are pretty good. Ultimately, I suppose if you want the true product, you have to learn the true language.
The thing is, though, in translating from one language to another, it's never just "word for word." There are shades of meaning and subtleties which are always lost in translation, regardless of the skill of the translator. Plus, given that it's a religious text, there always exists the possibility of bias or an outright agenda creeping in. You've got an English product being translated from accounts written ancient Hebrew and Greek. Some of these were passed down orally, first, which introduces another whole raft of errors. And from the Christian point of view, the most important guy in it probably spoke Aramaic, to boot.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Some of these were passed down orally, first, which introduces another whole raft of errors.

I would agree with you if it was any other people group. Israel passed down the law for century upon century orally. The discovery of the dead sea scrolls is good evidence to their pretty pristine record in passing on the word without error.
Agree on all else.

DC Sniper = Islamo nutjob = Virgins = raisins = translation errors = biblical translation debate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.