• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DC Sniper to die Tuesday, 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And the lawyer is still saying he is innocent. A F'ing mazing

That's the lawyer's job. Regardless of the particulars of this case, let's hope that you're afforded the same professional standard if you are ever (wrongfully or otherwise) charged with a crime.

@Ken: So if I'm reading you right, you think the manner in which the Founding Fathers set up our Judicial system is out to lunch and we really ought to be operating under something that resembles Sharia law. How, pray tell, would you implement this within the framework of our constitutional law as it exists today?

Brett

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That's the lawyer's job.

Exactly.

That way, looking back at this one/ten/fifty years from now, the story concludes with the key phrases "best possible legal defense" and "beyond any reasonable doubt--no 'ifs,' 'ands,' or 'buts'--period." As much as it sucks for regular people to watch and want to cry out "come on... gimme a break!" the alternative would be having our judicial system littered with footnotes to high-profile cases.

@Big Gorilla, that is the answer to the question of how defense counsels sleep at night and look at themselves in the mirror every morning.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
The sniper studied ninjitsu with one of my teachers. Granted, this was a tough sensi, but I remember him telling me that one of his students, John whatever his name was then, flipped out on the blackbelt test, which involved the student being tossed out in the woods and messed with for several days. (Not me, as a girl I was treated a bit more gently.) Anyway, this guy was hallucinating, the whole nine yards. Not that insanity is an excuse for such heinous behavior. But I do believe that he is insane.

(I read a copy of the Quran that was supposed to be a direct translation from the ancient Persian. The old language was on the facing page (not that I could read it.) I think, that like some translations of the classics, this gave the scholar an opportunity to dispute the translation. It was a lovely translation, anyway.)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The sniper studied ninjitsu with one of my teachers. Granted, this was a tough sensi, but I remember him telling me that one of his students, John whatever his name was then, flipped out on the blackbelt test, which involved the student being tossed out in the woods and messed with for several days. (Not me, as a girl I was treated a bit more gently.) Anyway, this guy was hallucinating, the whole nine yards. Not that insanity is an excuse for such heinous behavior. But I do believe that he is insane.

(I read a copy of the Quran that was supposed to be a direct translation from the ancient Persian. The old language was on the facing page (not that I could read it.) I think, that like some translations of the classics, this gave the scholar an opportunity to dispute the translation. It was a lovely translation, anyway.)

I think you mean Arabic.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.