• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DADT repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetfreezer

Ok, my mistake. There may be an effect, but I doubt it will be as large as people are predicting. I seriously doubt that flamboyantly gay individuals are going to be rushing to the recruiter nor will some gay person start making moves on other men in the squadron locker room. Some people may have a hard time adopting but I think it'll will be a fairly smooth transition especially with the newer generation coming up.

Like others have said, homosexuality or bisexual acts are/were fairly common practice in many cultures.

Homosexuality or lack thereof is not the issue. As many have stated, the political correctness is. Rep if you can find me a link to the ancient Greeks going around filing EO complaints if someone called them a homo. It only takes one and leadership will bring down the full weight of GMTs and JAG on everyone. Ref. the AF CO's words on Tailhook - the problem was not women themselves being in the military but the leadership reaction and desire to not offend anyone/kowtowing to outside social groups. Maybe it's time to bring back the Falcon codes.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Homosexuality or lack thereof is not the issue. As many have stated, the political correctness is. Rep if you can find me a link to the ancient Greeks going around filing EO complaints if someone called them a homo. It only takes one and leadership will bring down the full weight of GMTs and JAG on everyone. Ref. the AF CO's words on Tailhook - the problem was not women themselves being in the military but the leadership reaction and desire to not offend anyone/kowtowing to outside social groups. Maybe it's time to bring back the Falcon codes.

Give me just a minute, I'll create a wiki page for that :)

ryan1234

Many people forget that in some of the greatest "Warrior Cultures," homosexuality wasn't something that was always frowned upon. Look back at the classical Greek and to a lesser extent, Roman culture. We all like to think the warriors that were displayed to be so macho in '300' would never touch another man's sausage. Truth is, homosexuality was a fairly common practice, or, to be more precise, bisexuality.

If you want to call them any less of a warrior because of their 'progressive' actions, go for it, but I believe history would prove you incorrect.

Look what happened to Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire... they eventually "progressed" into their own destruction. The great "warrior cultures" eventually lost their warriors.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Second the thoughts of many on the PC BS. That's completely separate from DADT, though. Though, looking at it from another perspective, many of those who insist that gays need to leave their sex lives at home are completely undermined by the fact that they are defending the idea of being able to discuss THEIR sex lives at work. Apparently they only want to hear about sex lives that appeal to them. Maybe that's how a deeply religious or PC person feels when the "warriors" discuss their sex lives. Me, I don't have a problem with any of it--I'm not easily offended. Funny how it works for some when the shoe is on the other foot, though.

//break

Every one bitches about how the newer generations are the ones screwing everything up. That's been happening since the f'g cavemen. Thag got himself a club to beat someone over the head with and Zog bitched that in his day they beat people over the head using only their fists. Last time I checked, our young warriors were doing just fine. Besides, I don't think the young seamen, LCpls, JOs, and lieutenants are the ones instituting the weak-dick policies. Last I checked it was the colonels/captains and above.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Besides, I don't think the young seamen, LCpls, JOs, and lieutenants are the ones instituting the weak-dick policies. Last I checked it was the colonels/captains and above.

Yeah, and guess who is going to be responsible for setting up what the processes will be for the new policy!

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Look what happened to Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire... they eventually "progressed" into their own destruction. The great "warrior cultures" eventually lost their warriors.

I'm not so naive to think that we aren't headed that way ourselves eventually. I just thought I'd provide some food for thought, for those who feel as if this is something new, and appalling. It's been going on in the armed forces for centuries.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Is the entire VR wing not up to your standards of being in the military?

I AM a VR guy (check the bio smartybritches!), but also did my time behind a pickle button and landed on dark nights on the Big Grey Prison For Aviation Overachievers in broke dick jets (one of the only full time VR guys who did). Payed my dues, then went into the "entitled" to my opinion world of VR. I see this as a virtual ready room, and if you had ever been in a real ready room, you would find yourself (in the old days) smacked (not hugged, kissed or led by the ever so consoling hand) back into line. You piss on an electic fence once in a lifetime, you learn immediatelly. I don't hate anybody, I get irked by people like you who have never been told that EVERYTHING that comes out of your suck isn't RELEVANT AND BRILLIANT.

Maybe the whole military should just STFU and not be allowed opinions unless they are/were the tip of the spear.
EXACTLY. One sword, one vote. What the hell is the statistic, for every shooter there is ~40 (avg) support personnel? I hold in very high regard the shooter's opinion on how best to fight, win and keep good order. The cook, load masters, and snicker bitches opinions don't matter much to me after that.

Apologies if you couldn't sleep over a percieved "personal" attack, a thick skin is also an admirable trait in my world.

bluemarlin04

I AM a VR guy (check the bio smartybritches!), but also did my time behind a pickle button and landed on dark nights on the Big Grey Prison For Aviation Overachievers in broke dick jets (one of the only full time VR guys who did). Payed my dues, then went into the "entitled" to my opinion world of VR. I see this as a virtual ready room, and if you had ever been in a real ready room, you would find yourself (in the old days) smacked (not hugged, kissed or led by the ever so consoling hand) back into line. You piss on an electic fence once in a lifetime, you learn immediatelly. I don't hate anybody, I get irked by people like you who have never been told that EVERYTHING that comes out of your suck isn't RELEVANT AND BRILLIANT.

EXACTLY. One sword, one vote. What the hell is the statistic, for every shooter there is ~40 (avg) support personnel? I hold in very high regard the shooter's opinion on how best to fight, win and keep good order. The cook, load masters, and snicker bitches opinions don't matter much to me after that.

Apologies if you couldn't sleep over a percieved "personal" attack, a thick skin is also an admirable trait in my world.

I'll leave the thread and stick the OCS sub-forums, SIRS. Thank you for enlightening me on my misguided beliefs of Gays serving in the military. No discussions anymore for this guy until I am an Officer.

V/R

Bluemarlin04

Apparently I need to call others Sir and Maam on an internet forum according to a neg I received. My apologies. I'll go back to snicker bitch land for now.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'll leave the thread and stick the OCS sub-forums, SIRS. Thank you for enlightening me on my misguided beliefs of Gays serving in the military. No discussions anymore for this guy until I am an Officer.
V/R

Bluemarlin04

Apparently I need to call others Sir and Maam on an internet forum according to a neg I received. My apologies. I'll go back to snicker bitch land for now.
You got negative rep because you're a smart-ass and that is the way you carried on the 'discussion' w/ a senior officer. Other 'juniors' can carry on a discussion AND disagree w/out being disagreeable. You evidently can't ...

As we can see by this post -- you're still a smart-ass. Keep opining and opening your mouth on things you 'think'.

In the meantime -- here's a clue: no one cares what you think.

You're not going to do well in Naval Aviation.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor

V/R

Bluemarlin04

Are you friends with either THE LEAD ENSIGN or PRINCESS MELANIE? If not you should look them up and ask for some guidance.

D

Deleted member 24525

V/R

Bluemarlin04

Good Luck at OCS....you are going to need it. Have fun in the Surface Navy

navyao

The Marine Corps, although initially against the repeal is adapting, improvising & overcoming...here's a recruiting video to prove it! (My apologies ahead of time).

Status
Not open for further replies.