• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cross-Country Nametags

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
While not a "nametag" per se ... we had a guy in the airline with the last name of Midnight. Midnight .... I kid you not ....

"CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT" ... that usually made a big hit with the PA announcements to the pax ...
:)

capmidnightai2.jpg

East

东部
Contributor
iPog

iPog

Had a new Ltjg. check into the squadron. Not too long into his stint with us, he was rooming up with a fellow LT. One night, he decided to piss on his roommate while he was sleeping - a little too much booze, and a lack of SA brought this on. So in keeping with the latest gadget trend, he was named iPog which is short for "I pissed on Gibbs" (Gibbs being the pilot on the receiving end)
courtesy of http://www.f-16.net

MasterBates

I just wear my real name on XC's..

Because if you called my old squadron and asked for it, you would probably get a "who?!!?" from most of the JOs.

If I ever get on another cross country, I'll probably just wear the "obnoxious" nametag that has MASTER in the biggest font that will fit.

My 1st det had a batch of nametags like that. The SWOs could not tell who was who for about a month.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Or ....you could all get your CO's name on all of your X-Country nametags. :)...
Our paraloft fucked up the XO's name tags .... they came back "OX" instead of XO .... I don't know how that happened ... :D .... so he was forever list by yours truly on the Greenie Board as ... "The OX".

It stuck.

'Cause he was a legend in his own mind. 'Cause he was a short-shit. 'Cause he had a Napoleon complex. 'Cause he was an asshole. 'Cause I wanted to .... :)

*sigh* .... sometimes, life is so good.

incubus852

pilot
so it seems like from the other threads that you can take cross countries pretty much anywhere...right? as long as the instructor is ok with it? how many do you do during primary and advanced?

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Primary you do one. As far as you can go in three legs to get there. From corpus this means San diego, Chicago, things along that radius. Don't know about Whiting.

For advanced it depends on what you're flying I guess. Jets you seem to get 3 that I know of. RI's, AN's, and IR's I think they go with. All instrument stuff. Don't ask me how far you can go I haven't gotten to fly one yet. Christmas took one of my XC's away. But it seems like people go out to DC from Kingsville. Vegas is always popular...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Or if the JOPA is ball-zy enough, you could all get your CO's name on all of your X-Country nametags. :)

-ea6bflyr ;)
We had a change of command a couple of months before deployment and our old CO went to Okinawa as the NAF Kadena CO. We deployed to Dodge with a plane or two constantly in Kadena for one reason or another. For the first few months, every time we ate or drank at the O'Club we charged it to our old CO. Our new CO was in on it so we did get hammered when he finally caught on after being sent a couple of months of $5000 O'club bills. We had the money ready to send and pay it off, but that guy was sure sweating his bill for a while.