• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
It's interesting to see your critiques of the 'media' on here. And yet you share hot takes from an SEC football blogger trying to get paid with clicks.

Read this article from a former Republican operative on Travis:

I don't really care if you come on here and chuck spears at me for sharing information, opinions, and ideas.

However, here's my request for you Devil Dog. Find me YOUR own hot takes about the growing unemployment in the United States and it's impact on the economy, not to mention the 22 million people who are newly unemployed. 1 of 7 American workers are out of a job. You're kidding yourself if you think it's going stop there. And I've been reading Clay Travis' stuff since 2012. I don't always agree with what he's says, but it's interesting to get his takes. Above all, he will say that he's a First Amendment absolutist, meaning he's all about the free exchange of ideas and doesn't believe in censorship based on what the woke mafia says is okay.

I'd be remiss if I didn't give you the chance to read his rebuttal. Straight from the devil's mouth himself. Be careful clicking on it though. You'll just be putting more money in his pocket. (Again, I already visit his website. He doesn't get any 'clicks' of off someone viewing his Twitter feed). BTW, you should really get Twitter. You'll find a lot of your coronabros on there to commiserate with about us evil MAGA conspiracy theorists.

If you don't want to click, here's a sample of a different article he wrote:

"The only thing I’d change about my coverage of the coronavirus is I wish I’d been aware that China’s numbers were faked. You can certainly criticize me for not being skeptical enough of those China numbers, but I relied on the WHO endorsement of those numbers. And I believe many people in government in the United States and Europe relied on these same projections as well.

The current IMHE model forecasts right at 60,000 deaths from the coronavirus. That forecast is probably too high, but even if it’s accurate it means the number of people who die from the coronavirus in this country is likely to be less than died from the flu two years ago. (Two years ago 80,000 people died of the flu in this country and most of us didn’t even notice.)

Now 60,000 people (or less) are going to die of the coronavirus and people have lost their minds.

Many people who believed millions of people would die are going to have to answer this question: were the models they shared inaccurate or has Donald Trump saved millions of lives?

I happen to believe the models were massively wrong and that Trump has also saved lots of lives by his response as well.

I am of the opinion that the White House coronavirus task force — and, yes, President Trump too — have actually done a pretty good job responding to this crisis and I think the reason that people have decided to make me a target is because I’ve never bought into the doom and gloom forecasts and because I’ve been complimentary of the White House’s response."

SlickAg

pilot
I'll listen to a Joe Rogan podcast and let you know what I find out.
You should follow it up with some Alex Jones and Jordan Peterson.

I’m pumped that you’re stepping outside the echo chamber bro. Let me know if it gives you any hot takes.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Have you gotten to the bottom of the WaPo story about dates on e-mails yet?

#FlatEarthIDLisntReal

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just because you claim it doesn't mean it is true. Even if you write a book-length post on it.
You and I disagree just like experts you hold up as universally trustworthy. If I cared to carry on, I could prove there is rediculously little mention of anything but raw numbers and irrelevant comparisons. But I don't care, knowing you can't prove otherwise even if you used your superior google-fu. Good evening. Have a nice weekend. I intend to.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting that folks seem so keen to place blame and accuse folks for something when they have no real power, especially when no one is forcing you to watch, read or listen to what they have to say. But hey, this virus has got to be blamed on someone so why not?

SlickAg

pilot
Interesting that folks seem so keen to place blame and accuse folks for something when they have no real power, especially when no one is forcing you to watch, read or listen to what they have to say. But hey, this virus has got to be blamed on someone so why not?
So you agree that it doesn’t make sense to blame our President, Donald Trump for any of this? Perfect!

Mods, lock the thread!

On the other hand, that means you don’t agree we can sort of blame this one on the Chinese government...?

Pilotboyg

Just thought I would share my experiences with this whole thing. I have worked EMS for almost 10 years in NJ. A few weeks before this thing got bad I put in my two weeks working my paid EMS job in the Urban area of NJ. I stopped because I was supposed to start OCS and now they aren't allowing anyone to ship from our area at all. Since the outbreak I personally know 3 EMTS that I have worked with that have died and one doctor. Everyone I knew that died were not in the best shape but one of them was younger then me. My point is this isn't something that normally happens with the flu. Most of us thought it was a joke until people and coworkers started dropping like crazy. I do know that the way we are living is sustainable. I do think it was a good move to shut things down to atleast buy us some time.

Pags

N/A
pilot
So you agree that it doesn’t make sense to blame our President, Donald Trump for any of this? Perfect!

Mods, lock the thread!

On the other hand, that means you don’t agree we can sort of blame this one on the Chinese government...?
All you died in the wool Trumpers/Conservatives should be worried about potential implications from this virus long term and what sort of questions it might bring up about the need for increased social safety nets, medical coverage, etc. Seems like a ripe conversation and we should be concerned about lots of out of work hungry people with sick family members.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
All you... should be worried about potential implications from this virus long term and what sort of questions it might bring up about the need for increased social safety nets, medical coverage, etc. Seems like a ripe conversation and we should be concerned about lots of out of work hungry people with sick family members.
Protests are already starting. Backed by models or not, political leadership needs to develop and communicate an intelligent exit plan in the next week or two before the public forces them to implement a knee jerk stupid exit plan.