• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

exNavyOffRec

Give her a fist bump for me.

If they made Old Bay-flavored jelly beans, I would simul-eat them with the popcorn flavored ones and die a happy man.
So we have 2 people then, why don't we just have the company send them right to you and cut out the middle man (stores) lol

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
What taxi said. We cannot continue social distancing forever. We cannot stop the spread even with social distancing. Some young/healthy people will die and that’s tragic. They will also be outliers. How many lives have been saved due to the reduction in traffic fatalities due to shelter in place orders? Does that justify extending the orders?

The virus is here. It’s not going away until we get a vaccine or herd immunity. We cannot continue the current social distancing long enough to get a vaccine or herd immunity. With those facts in mind, we need to move forward minimizing loss of life and reopening the economy.

Yep. I was mainly speaking out against the notion of intentionally infecting people who are perceived to be "lower risk". I'll go ahead and put that in the crackpot pile of "solutions".

As to the rest: Yes. We need to get this #$%^ing show on the road before we're ALL homeless. But we can do it intelligently, and mitigate the risks we take...

taxi1

pilot
Yep. I was mainly speaking out against the notion of intentionally infecting people who are perceived to be "lower risk". I'll go ahead and put that in the crackpot pile of "solutions".
Google on “variolation”, I bet people will start doing this at some point. It’s a big country with a lot of free thinkers. It worked against smallpox.

If the science comes out showing that dosing matters, I expect people will look into how to get a minimal dose.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Isn’t that exactly what vaccines do? Infect the individual just enough to build a natural immunity?
Some do, some don't (or don't exactly). It's the difference between the ones that are "live virus" (weakened live virus) and the other kind, which sort of use key parts of dead viruses. It's kind of semantics over the term "infect."

The original smallpox vaccine used pus from cowpox, which was similar enough to smallpox that your body would develop a common immunity to both, but it wasn't deadly like smallpox. That sounds really disgusting but it's better than dying of smallpox.

All this is easy to understand in hindsight and there was also evidence at the time that people who were infected with cowpox didn't suffer severe fever or other symptoms and they didn't die of it. We don't have a good understanding why certain people only suffer mild symptoms of COVID-19. Not yet anyway, but we're working hard on figuring it out.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I watched my father die in front of me, coding out, in a hospital, because doctors missed something they probably shouldn't have. I know a thing or two about the infallibility of the practice of medicine. Who has the moral high ground now?
Then why are you being a raging asshole that the scientist interview that you cherry picked can't possibly be wrong?

Also, across three replies to me you have yet to answer the basic question I posed.
If you're so sure of your analysis being better than that guy's, have you reached out to him and told him you've run his numbers and they don't match up?

mokdaa@uw.edu

There's his e-mail address. Fire away. Please let us know what he says.
Done, although I'm sure that he'd love it to know that you're publicly disseminating his contact information.

SlickAg

pilot
Then why are you being a raging asshole that the scientist interview that you cherry picked can't possibly be wrong?

Also, across three replies to me you have yet to answer the basic question I posed.
Done, although I'm sure that he'd love it to know that you're publicly disseminating his contact information.
Which question are you talking about? If it’s about having an answer about the glitch that you’ve found in his model, the answer is no, because I honestly don’t care. At this point it’s just fun to watch you react.

If I can find his email address after a one-minute google search...I’m pretty sure we’d consider that “in the public domain”. Let us know what his answer is there, Rainman.

Last edited:

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot

Pasting for the video, not for the story. This thread is getting heavy, so we needed a laugh. I think both sides of the fence are ready to see these briefings come to an end.

---

Asked by a journalist about the level of testing for the coronavirus across the US, the president answered: “This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it.

And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it."

SlickAg

pilot
Speaking of brilliant, here’s another example of a dipshit “authority” thinking they’re helping
View attachment 25111
Driving a car to a park or trail is spreading the virus! Oh they already roped off the parking lot? Thanks Karen.
While the rest of the world succumbs to mass panic and hysteria, the Karens slowly smile, recognizing that this is the moment they’ve been waiting for their whole lives.

This is my big question, and it’s been troubling me: what is Karen’s husband’s name? And is he a hen-pecked beta male cuck? Socks with his sandals and cargo shorts type of dude? Or a normal guy who’s had to watch his wife slowly morph into Karen. Does he roll his eyes at his wife’s annoying antics or does he agree with her to his very core.

Oh the questions.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of brilliant, here’s another example of a dipshit “authority” thinking they’re helping
View attachment 25111
Driving a car to a park or trail is spreading the virus! Oh they already roped off the parking lot? Thanks Karen.

Pretty sure one of my neighbors called the cops on me for kicking over a similar sign at our neighborhood park. Who knew flying a kite with your kid was so dangerous?

I’m taking names for who gets a Molotov thru their window when the shit really hits the fan.

WOLVERINES!!!!!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
While the rest of the world succumbs to mass panic and hysteria, the Karens slowly smile, recognizing that this is the moment they’ve been waiting for their whole lives.
I "liked" this part but I don't like it, if you know what I mean.

I don't understand the Mister Karens either. I'm thinking of it like, out of all the different dudes from high school and college, which ones could have turned into a Mr. K? Not a lot of strong candidates come to mind...

Maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way, maybe I've encountered some Mister Karens professionally- a few of them were right in front of me and I didn't fully appreciate it at the moment. I mean the ones who come up with off duty ORM checklist and implicitly threaten you with failure to follow an order if you go scuba diving and you didn't fill out their made-up form with your ground safety officer.

Come to think of it, the Karens and Mister Karens are all around us and yes, this is indeed the moment they've been waiting or their whole lives.

I weep.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
View attachment 25111
I love it! They closed the one trail near me that I could have ridden to. So now I drive 35 minutes to get to a 9,615 acre trail network that has 6 cars in the one acre parking lot. And on the way to the trail, I count 25 people, many of them Karens, riding and walking side by side down the bike path that is only 8-10' wide. But they probably didn't drive, so there's that.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Pretty sure one of my neighbors called the cops on me for kicking over a similar sign at our neighborhood park. Who knew flying a kite with your kid was so dangerous?

I’m taking names for who gets a Molotov thru their window when the shit really hits the fan.

WOLVERINES!!!!!

When they’re arresting a guy for paddle boarding by himself in the middle of the ocean, and then throwing him in a crowded jail cell (to keep him safe), you know it’s not about the virus anymore.

The amount of government overreach is truly concerning. But it’s also helped me identify the redcoats in my neighborhood! ?