• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I remember the time I bingoed off from out of VACAPES and stayed with my parents who lived by Oceana. My mom washed my flight suit, and called me to ask what she should do with this card marked SECRET on the top and bottom that she found in my leg pocket. Card of the day.

“Uhhh, throw it in the fireplace please”

Apparently you could have just put it in a banker's box and stored it in your garage...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I remember the time I bingoed off from out of VACAPES and stayed with my parents who lived by Oceana. My mom washed my flight suit, and called me to ask what she should do with this card marked SECRET on the top and bottom that she found in my leg pocket. Card of the day.

“Uhhh, throw it in the fireplace please”
Or the time I almost left the encoding keys to a KY58 in my hotel room after a divert in Corsica...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Delaware home had a SCIF. So why not keep the classified info in the SCIF where it belongs? Easy peezy. Not doing so is like brining home groceries and not putting them away where they belong. Milk spoiling on the kitchen counter, rotting steaks on the deck because you "may" cook out that weekend? Bring classified stuff home and you have a SCIF, all set, you are the VP/POTUS. Take classified material anywhere else, you have a problem from the start.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The classified material debacle that is playing out (for both administrations) i'm sure is doing wonders for retention, morale, esprit de corp, you get the idea . . .
"Hey Chief, I was going to reenlist, but since the Executive Branch leadership can't seem to properly handle classified information, now I'm not so sure."

That's what you're going for?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sliver lining... nearly everyone is vaccinated.

"Hey Chief, I was going to reenlist, but since the Executive Branch leadership can't seem to properly handle classified information, now I'm not so sure."

That's what you're going for?
I think he was going for, “I lost $200 and was reduced a grade in rank because I plugged a thumb drive into my military laptop but some rich guy in politics gets nothing for “storing” top secret material in his garage?!!”

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think he was going for, “I lost $200 and was reduced a grade in rank because I plugged a thumb drive into my military laptop but some rich guy in politics gets nothing for “storing” top secret material in his garage?!!”
Are people going to mast for minor NIPR policy violations? Doubtful. That a different set of rules apply to POTUS vs Seaman Timmy isn’t new, shouldn’t shock anyone, and isn’t in the top 100 factors that people consider in their decision to continue a military career.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Are people going to mast for minor NIPR policy violations? Doubtful. That a different set of rules apply to POTUS vs Seaman Timmy isn’t new, shouldn’t shock anyone, and isn’t in the top 100 factors that people consider in their decision to continue a military career.
Look, I agree at the base, but the double-standard crap gets pretty tiring especially now that people…including Seaman Timmy…have nearly instant access to information and have been raised in an environment where equal is supposed to be “equal.”

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Look, I agree at the base, but the double-standard crap gets pretty tiring especially now that people…including Seaman Timmy…have nearly instant access to information and have been raised in an environment where equal is supposed to be “equal.”
Is it a double standard? Really?

I haven't scoured classified information laws, but at what point does someone have declassification and dissemination authority? What's legally stopping the POTUS from giving a TS/SCI brief to the nation on CNN right now?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor

I haven't scoured classified information laws, but at what point does someone have declassification and dissemination authority? What's legally stopping the POTUS from giving a TS/SCI brief to the nation on CNN right now?
Nothing….so why bother? Of course we all know the answer and it has been the same for generations…”All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

Mirage

pilot

Wtf? Have you read the news and know what's happened and you're replying to?

Being the Pres/VP once doesn't allow you to store classified docs in your garage the rest of your life, nor do you retain declassification authority.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Wtf? Have you read the news and know what's happened and you're replying to?

Being the Pres/VP once doesn't allow you to store classified docs in your garage the rest of your life, nor do you retain declassification authority.
Are you sure about this?

According to this link, the President can do whatever he wants with classified info (except anything related to nuclear weapons):

If that's wrong then serious question - what is legally barring POTUS from going on TV and giving a press conference covering TS/SCI information right now, and with whom does the authority to declassify and disseminate information lie?

The news would never twist facts to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Never. And the opposing political party wouldn't grand stand against their opponents. That never happens. And the fact that we now have stories of "mishandling classified information" by multiple senior political leaders on both sides of the house going back to Hillary as Secretary of State means they're all crooked and not that it's a matter of SOP for people in their positions.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I did see a few over the years get NJP for taking classified material home, all "confidential-NOFORN" incidents, often handouts from training that were put in notebooks and probably inadvertently taken home as I don't think it was done deliberately. It really shouldn't have been a surprise knowing the COC. There always has been and always will be a double standard so we shouldn't be surprised.