• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Dumb

With my vax "get out of ICU free" card I have total freedom. Same as you, since you're vaccinated too.

The unvaccinated are like those penguins gathered at the cliff edge looking at the leopard seal waiting. Sure the odds are good...

Except for the stupid fat penguins. They just jump right in. Yum.
“With my government issued card, I have total freedom”

Sad to see what we’ve come to.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
“With my government issued card, I have total freedom”

Sad to see what we’ve come to.
Yes, but still, your reference is not accurate. Not a federal requirement. Not universal. I am pretty sure you do not live where any proof is required. If you do, and it bothers you, move. Over 95% of the country requires no proof of vaccination to enjoy freedom. Hell, I was just in CA counties of Fresno, Madera, and Mariposa. Was pleasantly surprised that not even restaurant, grocery store, and other retail people were wearing masks. Even where I live most every public building and business has a sign encouraging masks for the unvaccinated, and restaurant employees are all masked. In my 4 days in those counties I rarely even saw such a sign. Good on them.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yes, but still, your reference is not accurate. Not a federal requirement. Not universal. I am pretty sure you do not live where any proof is required. If you do, and it bothers you, move. Over 95% of the country requires no proof of vaccination to enjoy freedom. Hell, I was just in CA counties of Fresno, Madera, and Mariposa. Was pleasantly surprised that not even restaurant, grocery store, and other retail people were wearing masks. Even where I live most every public building and business has a sign encouraging masks for the unvaccinated, and restaurant employees are all masked. In my 4 days in those counties I rarely even saw such a sign. Good on them.
Yes, but here’s some hair splitting irrelevant minutia. Glad I didn’t read past the second sentence.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
With my vax "get out of ICU free" card I have total freedom.
Except your not free to not wear a mask, or gather in large groups (in many places).

Requiring a vaccine is not freedom of choice. Making a freedom conditional is not total freedom.

Enjoy wearing your rose colored glasses to look through the bars of your gilded cage.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Dumb

You mean for like, 6 months or so . . . . . ?

I'm vaccinated, but i'll place all my chips on natural immunity all day long . . . .
What about folks who have natural antibodies + the mandated vaccine. Do we have super-antibodies??

Mirage

pilot
The unvaccinated are like those penguins gathered at the cliff edge looking at the leopard seal waiting. Sure the odds are good....
This is where you're mistaken, and I believe Wink is too, which leads him to interpret the meme the other way around. Most people who are unvaxed at this point are not prisoners to fear like you would be if you were unvaccinated. They aren't worried about the virus. They aren't worried about what will happen if they don't get the vax or wear a mask or gather in a large group or enjoy all the freedoms they have all their lives. They are free from fear and want to be free to live their lives as they always have. If they are in a cage, it is because others seek to deprive them of that freedom and force them to inject an unknown man made substance into their blood that they do not want to inject, under the premise that it will protect others, which we all know it will not.

I say all this, again, as someone who is vaccinated, but respects others rights to not agree with me and make different medical choices. And by the way, vax or no, you're wearing a mask on bases still and feeling very much like you're in that cage.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is where you're mistaken, and I believe Wink is too, which leads him to interpret the meme the other way around. Most people who are unvaxed at this point are not prisoners to fear like you would be if you were unvaccinated. They aren't worried about the virus. They aren't worried about what will happen if they don't get the vax or wear a mask or gather in a large group or enjoy all the freedoms they have all their lives. They are free from fear and want to be free to live their lives as they always have. If they are in a cage, it is because others seek to deprive them of that freedom and force them to inject an unknown man made substance into their blood that they do not want to inject, under the premise that it will protect others, which we all know it will not.

I say all this, again, as someone who is vaccinated, but respects others rights to not agree with me and make different medical choices. And by the way, vax or no, you're wearing a mask on bases still and feeling very much like you're in that cage.
Crap you guys sure are taking a meme serious. If that is where we are, then what is your scholarly interpretation of HALs meme wrt this discussion because I hardly think of the caged as the vaccinated. Sure, lots of folks "blaming" the unvaxed for the recent surges, but the cage? I don't get it. While I see the unvaxed as caged because they are demonstrably under more restrictions.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, but here’s some hair splitting irrelevant minutia. Glad I didn’t read past the second sentence.
No doubt because you might read something you don't agree with. Have to say, I do you the respect to reading the entirety of your posts. Thanks for announcing you are posting criticism without fully reading and understanding a post.

taxi1

pilot
Dumb

You mean for like, 6 months or so . . . . . ?

I'm vaccinated, but i'll place all my chips on natural immunity all day long . . . .
Here’s my theory, because I’m out and about and doing EMS too. I’m constantly getting low level exposure which keeps boosting me back up.
Most people who are unvaxed at this point are not prisoners to fear like you would be if you were unvaccinated.
I guess I could have been out and about all carefree, and then have been the vector to pass it on to my immune-challenged grad student or immune-challenged neighbor in her 80s or my parents in their 80s, or my wife’s mom in her 90s, or etc. To be the vector that led to their sickness or death. But that would have been a selfish, dick move, obviously.

As for the folks who have no fear of Covid and live their life freely, check with an ICU nurse. The vast majority of the ones who are in the hospital express regret at not getting the vaccine prior to getting intubated on their way to the morgue.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Here’s my theory, because I’m out and about and doing EMS too. I’m constantly getting low level exposure which keeps boosting me back up.

I guess I could have been out and about all carefree, and then have been the vector to pass it on to my immune-challenged grad student or immune-challenged neighbor in her 80s or my parents in their 80s, or my wife’s mom in her 90s, or etc. To be the vector that led to their sickness or death. But that would have been a selfish, dick move, obviously.

As for the folks who have no fear of Covid and live their life freely, check with an ICU nurse. The vast majority of the ones who are in the hospital express regret at not getting the vaccine prior to getting intubated on their way to the morgue.

Dude, you do realize you can still pass it on? The vaccine is protecting you and only you! Fauci is full of shit and trying to make it about others didn't work as a strategy to convince those that don’t want it to get it!

Mirage

pilot

You mean your immune challenges grad student or neighbor who can get the vax and thereby be protected? As you know, you can still be the vector to give it to them whether you are vaxed or not, but they have the ability and therefore the responsibility to protect themselves. It's not on you or anyone else anymore.

And yes, I am fully aware how afraid you would be if not vaxed. You have seen scary stats about others who regret not getting vaxed. Despite yours and so many others best attempts, the unvaxed will by and large still not be prisoners to their own fear like you would be. If I get eaten by a shark the next time I'm in the ocean I might regret going in the ocean that day. But I refuse to avoid oceans for the rest of my life, even if you tell me a hundred anecdotes about folks who got bit by sharks or snakes or what have you.