• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply

She was given an opportunity by the judge to apologize and say that she’d been selfish. She responded that her employees need to feed their children and she’s not selfish and not closing. The state AG, governor and lieutenant governor have since voiced support, and a gofundme for her legal defense has raised over $376,000
I don't known whether to like or dislike this. Maybe one of our inhouse JAGs can confirm, but I've been seeing a lot online chatter about how unlawful these executive orders are and that they are not "laws". Anyone care to discuss the legalities of these EOs and their enforcement? Clearly in this case this woman is winding up in jail for not complying with this EO.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I don't known whether to like or dislike this. Maybe one of our inhouse JAGs can confirm, but I've been seeing a lot online chatter about how unlawful these executive orders are and that they are not "laws". Anyone care to discuss the legalities of these EOs and their enforcement? Clearly in this case this woman is winding up in jail for not complying with this EO.

I’m just glad that people are getting sick of this shit. Not virus sick obviously.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are not statues. But statues usually authorizes these types of EOs and depending on the statue, consequences for flaunting them. In any case, case law supports them. And while I abhor the more draconian orders, they are not unconstitutional, as is often cried. SOCTUS, long time ago, says these types of orders are constitutional as long as there is a compelling public interest. Happens all the time, most notably during hurricane season.