• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

costs per hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
airwinger said:
Well I found the link for AF flight training,
http://www.saffm.hq.af.mil/FMC/65503/34-2.html
enjoy

Well, this helps prove what I was suspecting. I calcualted the costs fo flight school for me at about $400,000, and this says a Tanker/Airlift pilot costs just over $500,000 going through 37s not 34s (which I bet drives up the cost and makes up most of the difference). Those costs for F-15/16 training look crazy :icon_what :confused:

Kycntryboy

pilot
Scuttlebutt says it cost about 1 million dollars to train a pilot, *Kntryboy thinks* "No wonder why they are so picky"

Demento

Old Salt
Tricky question

Jaxs170 said:
Do you have the BUPERS cost for the guys they send to Vance for T-1s?

The AF and Navy together burn about $1,000,000 per year in their PCS and personnel account to do the Vance Whiting thing to "stay Joint." The things the services do for the Color Purple. Not sure what a T-1 costs per hour, I'd guess 1400-1800 per hour, but don't know. PCS to Vance is PCS to Vance.

Cost of PCS moves are based on paygrade, DLA, and the money decreed in the Joint Travel Regulations. Should be findable on a DLA web site.

Demento

Old Salt
Tweets

Jaxs170 said:
Well, this helps prove what I was suspecting. I calcualted the costs fo flight school for me at about $400,000, and this says a Tanker/Airlift pilot costs just over $500,000 going through 37s not 34s (which I bet drives up the cost and makes up most of the difference). Those costs for F-15/16 training look crazy :icon_what :confused:

Run roughly 1200 bucks per hour to fly. T-34 about 400, per above. The big money is in Jets, and bigger jets. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.