• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corvette ZR1

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
As a Vette owner (a modified 05 C6), I'm liking the new ZR1. If I could afford it, I'd have it :icon_smil

Redux

I know they're GREAT performers but for the same money + or - a bunch why not a classic Shelby, Z 28 or something along those lines? Yes, the ZR is certainly faster but contemporary looks just aren't the same as classic lines. Each his own for sure but just sayin. :confused:

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I know they're GREAT performers but for the same money + or - a bunch why not a classic Shelby, Z 28 or something along those lines? Yes, the ZR is certainly faster but contemporary looks just aren't the same as classic lines. Each his own for sure but just sayin. :confused:

Agree, but I think some people would rather not have to worry about some of the maintenance and upkeep issues that a classic vehicle might bring. Some also enjoy all the techno gizmos that the newer vehicles come with.

I fall into neither one of these categories :D

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I miss my C5. :(

... Until I hop on my ZX-6R!

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

In all seriousness however, the new ZR-1 is going to be incredible. I'd love to have one.

Redux

Agree, but I think some people would rather not have to worry about some of the maintenance and upkeep issues that a classic vehicle might bring. Some also enjoy all the techno gizmos that the newer vehicles come with.

I fall into neither one of these categories :D

But that's the beauty of the classic American Muscle, nearly ANYONE could fix any fuel or ignition problem. Nowadays, open the hood and it's WTF, they still use spark plugs....somewhere.........right? :)

Lets be real here, what looks better and if JP were free. YOUR F86 Saber, F9F Cougar or a F15? First two classic looking jets while the F15 is faster then greased shit but still looks like 100 other contemporary birds. :sleep_125

My wife has a company <urgh> Civic Hybred until Monday, it goes nowhere fast but is cheap but I have NO CLUE what that dumaflocchi, whatchacallet or ginniegapper is uhder the hood. :confused: Shit, I TRIED to siphon gas for the lawnmower today, hose goes down about 2 feet and hits a restriction. Beats shit outta me, I took it from the old Mustang instead. Like the new Vette, not a hell of a lot one can do to it outside of a dealership or wash it.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Redux- Not necessarily true.

If you have EFI Live software you can modify just about any and all engine function parameters that your heart desires. You just need to have the ability to absorb a very steep software/performance learning curve and time to do it. I have a 2004 DMAX truck that I use that software on let's just way -The limits are based upon the specific person at the keyboard.

My 1972 Corvette Coupe that's literally screwdriver and wrench modified is a true sleeper. Seat of thepants fun factor also way high. It's all about how much time and money you desire to spend on your automotive pleasure.
(As philosophically opposed to Elliot Spitzer's fun factors of course) Although when I turn 65 I may see Elliot in a different light and drop the cars, who knows.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
But that's the beauty of the classic American Muscle, nearly ANYONE could fix any fuel or ignition problem. Nowadays, open the hood and it's WTF, they still use spark plugs....somewhere.........right? :)

Lets be real here, what looks better and if JP were free. YOUR F86 Saber, F9F Cougar or a F15? First two classic looking jets while the F15 is faster then greased shit but still looks like 100 other contemporary birds. :sleep_125

My wife has a company <urgh> Civic Hybred until Monday, it goes nowhere fast but is cheap but I have NO CLUE what that dumaflocchi, whatchacallet or ginniegapper is uhder the hood. :confused: Shit, I TRIED to siphon gas for the lawnmower today, hose goes down about 2 feet and hits a restriction. Beats shit outta me, I took it from the old Mustang instead. Like the new Vette, not a hell of a lot one can do to it outside of a dealership or wash it.

Nice Stang, what year is it? I've got a 66 that I drive whenever I can.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
What is it that you're behind the wheel of?

2005 SRT-10 QC (Viper V-10 8.3L) with a STS turbo and meth injection. I blew a piston and now it is in the last 2 weeks of rebuild with forged pistons. I will be putting about 730 ft lb's of TRQ at 9 psi to the ground without the meth and 600 RWHP. The vette will have a better power to weight ratio but you got to be able to get the power to the ground.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
2005 SRT-10 QC (Viper V-10 8.3L) with a STS turbo and meth injection. I blew a piston and now it is in the last 2 weeks of rebuild with forged pistons. I will be putting about 730 ft lb's of TRQ at 9 psi to the ground without the meth and 600 RWHP. The vette will have a better power to weight ratio but you got to be able to get the power to the ground.

:eek: yeesh.

Redux

Nice Stang, what year is it? I've got a 66 that I drive whenever I can.

Nothing special, basic cheap model but runs well and 20 mpg is kinda nice. I also have a 69 in various degrees of disassembly.