• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

FYI - a new "approved list" came out as of 3/12/2015.

I haven't looked it over yet.

I looked it over briefly, but I didn't see any changes that jumped out at me. Maybe they just added or removed one or two courses.

The one on the Navy Reserve Homeport page is still 30SEP14, with the 6FEB note that they are still working on implementing NAVEDTRAs.

Does anyone know what's wrong with the DAU website? I've been trying for several weeks now to sign up & work on some courses but every time I try to sign up I get an error stating this webpage is not available? Am I doing something wrong here?

First I'm clicking on:Non DoD Organizations.
Then I'm clicking on: Employee working for a company that supports DoD.

I'm doing this because I'm told here that I must say I'm a contractor to be eligible for courses without a CAC card.

Please advise if I'm doing this right or wrong. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks all!

I've had no luck with them, either. And I actually have a CAC even.

I also tried to enroll in a Defense Contract Audit Institute (DCAI) course, but apparently you have to be an employee there in order to do the courses for "credit." I don't know if that means a certificate or not. What's odd about it is their computer-based training is not "online;" they send you an executable file that contains the course material. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a tremendous pain for one point.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Nope--4 of the five NETC courses I did right before the close-out in Sept are there, but none of the JKO/JSOU courses that I did right after are.

I just sent some in last week. I'll wait a while and see what happens.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
FYI - a new "approved list" came out as of 3/12/2015.

Funny thing is when I download the file, it still shows up as the 30SEP14 file... hmmmm.... WTF?

I noticed the same thing...and a bunch of the JKO courses are no longer available. I believe a list of available courses was posted earlier in this thread.

HEADS-UP!

The FEMA courses, which used to let you register using SSN, will be implementing a policy change in a couple weeks. This is the verbatim text from their website:

"On April 1st, 2015 the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) will begin to use the FEMA Student Identification (SID) number when submitting your Independent Study (IS) final exam. You must continue to use your SSN or Alternate ID number until April 1st; however, we recommend registering a FEMA SID today: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid."

Just a heads-up for whoever is going the FEMA route for points...

EDIT: Not an April Fools Day joke, I swear. Their bolding.

Last edited:

rob00000

HEADS-UP!

The FEMA courses, which used to let you register using SSN, will be implementing a policy change in a couple weeks. This is the verbatim text from their website:

"On April 1st, 2015 the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) will begin to use the FEMA Student Identification (SID) number when submitting your Independent Study (IS) final exam. You must continue to use your SSN or Alternate ID number until April 1st; however, we recommend registering a FEMA SID today: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid."

Just a heads-up for whoever is going the FEMA route for points...

EDIT: Not an April Fools Day joke, I swear. Their bolding.

Wow! You scared the heck out of me there for a minute.

Anyway, no worries guys. It took me a few minutes the other day to get an SID.

Please, don't scare me like that again will ya? :)

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Regarding FEMA...which courses are those on the approved list? EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE INDEPENDENT STUDY? Pretty sure they are, but what website, exactly is that located on? training.fema.gov?

Sorry...not quite up to speed on the FEMA stuff.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
I compared the old list with the new list and did not see any differences on the JKO courses.

Concur. I "audited" the list against what's actually available on website. According to the list there are 150 points available on JKO, but in reality there are only 54 pts available since a lot of the courses have been removed from the course catalog.

Regarding FEMA...which courses are those on the approved list? EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE INDEPENDENT STUDY? Pretty sure they are, but what website, exactly is that located on? training.fema.gov?

Sorry...not quite up to speed on the FEMA stuff.

That's right. And all the FEMA courses listed have catalog numbers starting with "IS-", which I'm guessing is independent study.

I've only done one so far... I found the course to be a little tedious and dry, but not impossible.

rob00000

Heh -- sorry about that. Just wanted to get the word out to ensure that nobody started a course under their SSN and potentially would have to re-do it with a SID.

I understand. It's OK....I've recuperated from the scare. However, I do have an appointment set up with the V.A. mental health department just to make sure........just kidding....:)

Last edited: