• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
The L16 on JKO is pretty long, however it's not that hard to complete for 8 points on JKO.

RHINOWSO

None
Best thing about the L16 class is when you fail a test, you only need to re-test on the ones you missed and it's cumulative.

But yes, lots of clicking...

CoyoteK

Oops, I am glad you questioned me on this vxc961! I have completed ISOF (3) and JSOTF (4) and for some reason I thought JSOTF was 15 pts. Irregular Warfare is 15 pts but I have not taken it yet (saving that for next year). The two listed above are a quick, easy 7 points though. Apologies for the confusion!

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
The two listed above are a quick, easy 7 points though.

After the extreme about face on NETC....I'm officially a paranoid SOB. Let's keep this kind of commentary off the boards. I don't mean to be a peer police A$$Hole...but we're going to be our own worst enemy if we advertise anything that might be perceived as a good deal. It feels like all "good deals" are public enemy #1 and will be exterminated on discovery. Just sayin'.

Has anyone successfully submitted a JKO certificate for points? Same routine? What exactly did you put on the certificate? Do they know how many points to credit or did you note that on the certificate?

CoyoteK

After the extreme about face on NETC....I'm officially a paranoid SOB. Let's keep this kind of commentary off the boards. I don't mean to be a peer police A$$Hole...but we're going to be our own worst enemy if we advertise anything that might be perceived as a good deal. It feels like all "good deals" are public enemy #1 and will be exterminated on discovery. Just sayin'.

Not a bad thought at all, thanks for the reminder.

subreservist

I think sharing the info is still valuable, especially to those looking to get their points after exhausting various avenues. The Navy is not going to completely cut off every area of getting points, otherwise the IRR couldn't survive. In all honesty, the gravy train has been in place in several areas for a very long time...the Reserves having basically combed through every possible element of Reserve life and have made adjustments (NROWS, EDM, Courses, DTS, GTCC, BOL, etc).

In the case of courses, they have adjusted the points (supposedly) based on the length of time expected to complete, so 1-4 point courses SHOULD be less painful and quick. So I wouldn't look at it as "good deal", so much as it is as expected.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
After the extreme about face on NETC....I'm officially a paranoid SOB.

Here again is a quote from last month's military commission report on "rightsizing" retirements.

"The Commission reviewed policies associated with RC members in a nonpay status who drill for points for retirement
purposes, particularly those of the Navy (BUPERSINST 1001.39F) because it represents many of these RC members.
According to Navy Reserve manpower subject matter experts, most of these Navy RC members reached high-year
tenure without accumulating 20 years of qualifying service for retirement purposes. Nonpay drilling allows these
members to reach retirement eligibility requirements. Some members voluntarily request to be in a nonpay drilling
status to accommodate their individual needs. Others are unable to find a vacant billet for which they would receive
both pay and drill points, typically because they were promoted out of a paid billet during a time when promotions
were not connected to vacancies at the next pay grade. Navy RC promotion policies have changed to generally prevent
promotions independent of paid billets at the next pay grade. The Commission urges the Services to communicate
policy concerning nonpay drilling to RC members earlier in their careers and to align RC manpower and personnel
levels to further reduce nonpay drilling."

Has anyone successfully submitted a JKO certificate for points? Same routine? What exactly did you put on the certificate? Do they know how many points to credit or did you note that on the certificate?

Nope--4 of the five NETC courses I did right before the close-out in Sept are there, but none of the JKO/JSOU courses that I did right after are.

rob00000

Does anyone know what's wrong with the DAU website? I've been trying for several weeks now to sign up & work on some courses but every time I try to sign up I get an error stating this webpage is not available? Am I doing something wrong here?

First I'm clicking on:Non DoD Organizations.
Then I'm clicking on: Employee working for a company that supports DoD.

I'm doing this because I'm told here that I must say I'm a contractor to be eligible for courses without a CAC card.

Please advise if I'm doing this right or wrong. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks all!

RHINOWSO

None

Agree completely.

I have submitted 4 JKO courses. I printed the PDFs to my computer, the in the lower left corner added my name, rank, SSN, contact information, as well as the JKO course / NSIPS entry number / Number of retired reserve points. I faxes them to the number given via MYFAX on my computer, included a complete cover sheet basically repeating the same information for each course along with contact information (again). Then of course I saved all the information / fax received sheet, etc. I basically wanted to make it mindless and easy for whoever enters the information into my record, that all the info about the course was there.

I has only been a month or so yet so I have yet to call to confirm. My anniversary is in a couple of months so I plan on calling at the 3 month since submission point to check.

RHINOWSO

None
These points about paranoia are prudent, I think.

If anybody's interested: in the interest of privacy, I have established a private subreddit for Navy IRR where we can discuss strategies for IRR success without worrying that the rug will be pulled out from under us). The address is:

www.reddit.com/r/Navy_IRR

Please hit it up if interested.
Done