• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farva1

F#@kin "A" Bubba !
pilot
I read the thread about favorite restaurants in the Pensacola area and found it extremely helpful. So, how about a few studs posting on where to eat in Corpus. Thanks ahead of time.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Chili's, SPID.
Imperial Cafe (Thai ans sushi) The Phad-tai is awesome (Sstaples DR, same area as the sub way.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
La Playa is good. They have a location Ennis Joslyn and SPID. Also one more towards cracker barrel on SPID.

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Kiko's Mexican, on Everhart just south of SPID. I like their food better than La Playa, but La Playa has better chips and salsa.

Restaurant Lavendar ($$$- for special occasions only!) on Everhart and Alameda.

My Favorite Muffin and Bagel Cafe, on Staples and Saratoga- the only place in Corpus to get a bagel!

Andy's Kitchen on Staples, south of Holly- best breakfast in Corpus!

Venetian Hot Plate in Port Aransas- delicious Italian, Mamma Mia's is also wonderful!

My husband loves Rusty's Hamburgers on Airline Road, south of SPID.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Water Street Seafood Co downtown ain't bad.
Snoopy's is cool because you can cruise up in a boat and dock there.
Lafitte's on the Island (cajun and caribbean)
B & J's Pizza (SPID) has lots of Microbrews.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
first of all, HOOVERPILOT, the only place you EVER wanted to eat at was the d*mn Outback on SPID to ogle underage hostesses...

if it's still there, VIETNAM (that's what the sign said) on SPID was awesome, guess what kind of food they had....

Oh and by the way, for all you folks new to Texas, remember, when you order "Barbacoa", it isn't just "barbequed beef". Thats the meat steamed from the head of a cow.

I found this out after eating barbacoa tacos for about 2 months at Taqueria Jalisco.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Miller's BBQ on Airline (I think it was airline) diagonal to the Chandler's Mill apartemnts, good good good stuff and very cute girls (albeit they did seem a little on the young side).

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do they still have that stupid cheap Hooter's knock off right by the strip club (you know which one I mean)?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HOOPS.

last I heard they finally closed it down. i don't understand why, I mean, who wouldn't pay 6-7 bucks for a beer...

problem with that place was the same guy owned 'the Palace' and thought he could get away with strip club drink prices.

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
La Palatera is a must! It's a little ice cream place on Airline past Holly with good sundaes and good, well, everything. Make sure you try a palata (frozen fruit bar).

Bevo16

pilot
La Playa and Water Street Seafood Company get my vote as well. Millers BBQ is nothing special, if you want good Texas BBQ go to The Salt Lick in Austin. That place rocks. Catfish Charlies has good fried seafood. Katz' 21 Downtown is expensive but if you want to impress a lady (it's pretty easy to impress Corpus women) it's a good bet. Taco King has really good breakfast tacos, but their lunch menu will destroy your colon.

There is nowhere in the city of Corpus Christi that is more than a quarter mile from a Whataburger. That's not exactly a reccomendation, it's just an observation.

For those of you guys who are in Milton, or are going to be there the best Cafe I have ever eaten at is Bass' Quick Burger. It is just behind the Burger King, across the street from the bike rental place. They have AWESOME specials every day and you can totally stuff yourself for $6.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.