• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD Guy's Girl

SPID (the main road) in Corpus Christi is known as Restaurant Row since there is a restaurant every 5 feet. My favorite restaurants here in Corpus are Kikos for the Mexican food and $1.50 margarita happy hour and Executive Surf Club which is a very laid back restaurant/bar downtown.

Here's a link to the Corpus Christi Restaurant Guide

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Vietnam restaurant is awesome, it's downtown now. For a special occasion ($$$) Republic of Texas Bar and Brill at the top of the Onmi hotel has excellent steaks.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
There is this restaruant, forget the name but I'll try to find it for you, but they have these awesome hamburgers that are stuffed. The patty is stuffed with different types of cheese (your choice), mushrooms, onions, etc...whatever you want...they are really good. I'll try to find the name of it.

Also, one of my girlfriends is a really good cook and she lives there....maybe she will cook something up for ya.

EngineGirl

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Padre Pizzaria out on the island is awesome.
Like Kiko's for mexican.

If any of you get up to San Antonio or Austin, you have to try Chuy's mexican resturant. They serve the best Tex-Mex I've ever had.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Chuy's is good but i think its too commercialized and their food reflects it.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
rare21 said:
Chuy's is good but i think its too commercialized and their food reflects it.

You got something you like better? If so I'll sure try it because I can't think of a better place anywhere.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i thought Kiko's was better and also any down home little mexican restaurant in south texas is better..also try the Texican restaurant in way south Austin..better than Chuys, try Trudy's in Austin, the little stands on Riverside drive in Austin, Taqueria Arandas, Baby Acapulco..etc. I went to Chuy's when i wanted to spend a lot of money, not get full and respect Elvis the Man!

actually go to Brownsville and go to Los Camperos next to the bridge, go across the bridge and go to Garcia's, or La Carreta or La Fogata in Matamoros

i liked joe cottons for bbq outside of Corpus

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Haha ... well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I haven't been to most of your list, but although I like Kiko's, I definately don't think it is better than Chuy's. Fair enough though, everyone has different tastes.

Bevo16

pilot
Taqueria Arandas, Baby a's. Damn dude you are making me hungry.

I never got what the big deal was with Chuy's either. They are way over rated in my opinion. Of course, I did not have to bring a translator with me when I went there like I did when I went to Taqueria Arandas.

rare, have you ever been to Arturo's in Progresso? That place was really good.

BTW, check you PM's

COD Guy's Girl

Are you talking about Wallbangers? I think that is the best place here in Corpus to get a hamburger. They even have the huge one you have to order 24 hours in advance because it takes so long to cook.

EngineGirl said:
There is this restaruant, forget the name but I'll try to find it for you, but they have these awesome hamburgers that are stuffed. The patty is stuffed with different types of cheese (your choice), mushrooms, onions, etc...whatever you want...they are really good. I'll try to find the name of it.

EngineGirl

Farva1

F#@kin "A" Bubba !
pilot
I've only been here a week and I've tried Kiko's (very good), B&J's Pizza, (pretty good, great beer selection), and I'm going to check out Water Street Seafood tomorrow night. Thanks for all the feedback.

SFgirl

rare21 said:
try Trudy's in Austin, the little stands on Riverside drive in Austin, Taqueria Arandas, Baby Acapulco..etc. I went to Chuy's when i wanted to spend a lot of money, not get full and respect Elvis the Man!

If you go to Trudy's you HAVE to have a Mexican Martini... I know it's cliche from all you former Austinites, but they are the best things ever after a long week...

What about Matt's El Ranch? That's pretty good too... and so is Iron Cactus (although Iron Cactus is a little to $$)

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
COD Guy's Girl said:
Are you talking about Wallbangers? I think that is the best place here in Corpus to get a hamburger. They even have the huge one you have to order 24 hours in advance because it takes so long to cook.

Ohhhh...I think that is it. You'll have to try them...they are soooo yummy.

EngineGirl

Status
Not open for further replies.