• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conway's Crackdown

phrogpilot73

It's been th case but it wasn't the reg. It was never in the regs that you couldn't put your hands in your pockets...but you needed to stand the hell by if you tried it.
The beauty of being a Capt and a Pilot in an Infantry Battalion. Put your hands in your pockets (knowing there's no reg to prevent it), and watch the SNCO's self destruct because they can't say anything to you about it. Good times.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I find it interesting that the wearing a class ring with a wedding ring is forbidden. That is an old, though fading, traditon of guys from military schools. I still know a few guys who do it, though I never have.

I also like how they try and tell people what to wear off duty, are they going to put you on report if you don't wear a belt with your jeans to the mall? :eek: I also find it puzzling that they don't address the wearing of red or green t-shirts with a gigantic bulldog swathed in diggie cami's with the appropriate growl or a huge EGA with MARINE over top of it?

Uh-r...cough......rah!

Crowbar

None
Even though I know it would never happen, I've always hoped that someday the wearing of cologne/perfume in working uniforms-cammies/coveralls/flight suits-and PT gear would be killed. Nothing makes me nauseous like some fag swimming in Polo in a hot stuffy cockpit with me or some sweaty/perfumy aroma wafting through a formation during an early morning North Carolina run. Seems like there are two kinds of people-the kind who don't wear that stuff to work and the kind that don't know when to stop putting it on. Why can't people just figure out these things on their own and stop doing them?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
What is the now banned "teardrop" haircut? I've probably seen it, but I didn't know the term.

penderwt

yut king
now if the TSA could just adopt like, maybe 2 of these regulations...
Jack-on:
Hilarious...Seriously, where in God's name do they find those "agents?" I think I'd feel safer with 9-year-olds running security checkpoints at the airport. At least most of them would be sober and sans criminal history. Anyway..
:Jack-off

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Jack-on:
Hilarious...Seriously, where in God's name do they find those "agents?" I think I'd feel safer with 9-year-olds running security checkpoints at the airport. At least most of them would be sober and sans criminal history. Anyway..
:Jack-off

Last one I saw looked about 9.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The real question about the authorized hair cuts is.....do you still get to look like these guys?

tampons.jpg

phrogpilot73

I find it interesting that the wearing a class ring with a wedding ring is forbidden. That is an old, though fading, traditon of guys from military schools. I still know a few guys who do it, though I never have.
That one's not new... Only one ring per hand for males has been in the regs for a long time, I guess they just wanted to reiterate it.

I also like how they try and tell people what to wear off duty, are they going to put you on report if you don't wear a belt with your jeans to the mall? :eek:
As a matter of fact... Down in Jacksonville, it used to be a regular occurence in Walmart and the like. Some active duty and/or retired Gunny-SgtMaj would chew some poor kid's ass. One of them tried to chew my ass one time (I don't remember what for) - I had a smart ass remark like "I'll keep that under advisement." His response was "Blah, Blah, Blah... You can call me Gunnery Sergeant."

"Well, then you can call me Captain or Sir. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss today Gunny?" If he's going to open the door, I'm going to walk right through it!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a matter of fact... Down in Jacksonville, it used to be a regular occurence in Walmart and the like. Some active duty and/or retired Gunny-SgtMaj would chew some poor kid's ass. One of them tried to chew my ass one time (I don't remember what for) - I had a smart ass remark like "I'll keep that under advisement." His response was "Blah, Blah, Blah... You can call me Gunnery Sergeant."

"Well, then you can call me Captain or Sir. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss today Gunny?" If he's going to open the door, I'm going to walk right through it!

Select West Coast, any questions?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The Commandant's right on the civilian clothes thing. As much as one might mock the policy, the thug wannabe outfits a lot of these Marines are wearing do not reflect well on the Marine Corps. There are some ancillary points about the new policy that I think are aimed right at this trend, e.g. no "grill" dental caps and no earrings for men, even off duty (which I had thought was already a rule, but I guess not).

wrk

It's a good thing that we're not at war or anything and they have time to come up with all these great policies.

wrk

I've always said that there's a fine line between a high-and-tight and a mohawk and a lot of Marines I see have crossed the line into mohawk territory, so I can't say I'm completely opposed to these new haircut regs.