• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conway's Crackdown

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
I wonder if my new pair of Heelies are on the chopping block as well??? :(

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No more "Platinum Grills"??? What has the corps come to????

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Horseshoe...banninated. I thought it was super motivated.

I don't mind the regs being tighter. I think that the tighter the regs, the less crap bored SNCOs can come up with on their own which is a good thing. One thing though, ever since my first day in the fleet I thought the hands in the pocket thing was stupid. I'm outside because I have to be and my hands are cold...I'm putting my hands in my pockets. I guess that won't work anymore.

phrogpilot73

Horseshoe...banninated. I thought it was super motivated.
You're not serious are you?!?

One thing though, ever since my first day in the fleet I thought the hands in the pocket thing was stupid. I'm outside because I have to be and my hands are cold...I'm putting my hands in my pockets. I guess that won't work anymore.
I haven't read the message, but the MC Times article said hands in pockets while walking. So, as long as you're stationary - you're good!

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
I find it interesting that the horseshoe is banned and I have seen numerous officers with it, including my former OSO and the CO of TBS while I was there...

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Dammit...I was just thinking I was going to go walk around today with my hands in my pockets, a cell phone ear-piece in, all the while drinking and smoking with my platinum grill in...good thing I'll be in civvies.

If they are going to ban horeshoes and all those other ridiculous haircuts, they should also address the guys who shave a tiny line all around the outside edge of their hairline, then proceed to grow everything else out to 3 inches.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You're not serious are you?!?

Motivated, sure. Would I ever where it? No friggin way!

I haven't read the message, but the MC Times article said hands in pockets while walking. So, as long as you're stationary - you're good!

We all know that it'll automatically be at all times. Nobody is going to tell gunny that it is only when you're walking that you can't have your hands in your pockets. Some squad leader might say something offline but nothing will ever be done.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank God someone has the time to devote developing these policies in the middle of a war. I thought we were undermanned, guess it isnt that bad afterall.

phrogpilot73

Thank God someone has the time to devote developing these policies in the middle of a war. I thought we were undermanned, guess it isnt that bad afterall.
Nope - someone did a study that stated we were 93% more efficient with our hands out of our pockets, which instantly brought the USMC up to a manning level of 200,000+. That's why you can't put your hands in your pockets. Especially if you're in combat (that way they only have to deploy 10,000 vice 20,000).

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I'm outside because I have to be and my hands are cold...I'm putting my hands in my pockets. I guess that won't work anymore.

It does mention that if your in the field and you dont have gloves then you can store your hands in your pocket. Just not in garrison..which I thought was always the case???

I laugh at the new grooming and "grill" regs. When I was at OCS, we had a DI with a horseshoe, one with a teardrop, and my Platoon Sergeant had a huge gold tooth right in the front of his teeth. First time I saw it, I remember thinking "Is that even allowed??"

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
It does mention that if your in the field and you dont have gloves then you can store your hands in your pocket. Just not in garrison..which I thought was always the case???

It's been th case but it wasn't the reg. It was never in the regs that you couldn't put your hands in your pockets...but you needed to stand the hell by if you tried it.

The difference now is that the slick new Lt can take his wrath out on you with his pencil...I'd rather be chewed out any day.