• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Common Aviation Quotes / Pearls of Wisdom

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
Had an instructor tell me these in IFS:

1) A Jewish man sees a female bear eat a Chek man, and he tells everyone in town that a male bear ate a man in the woods. Moral of the story: Never trust a jew , when he says a check is in the mail :p .
2) Easy on the controls Lieutenant (I think he kept thinking we were Air Force or something).
3) Treat the airplane like a lady, not your b*^#$.
4) Don't tug on the stick like you masturbating.
5) Don't call me Sir, I work for a living (IP was a former Army E-6)
6) Ooooohhhh this one is gonna hurt.

Thanks Jay, and I took all your lessons to heart man :icon_smil .

GMan1976

Banned
Had an instructor tell me these in IFS:

1) A Jewish man sees a female bear eat a Chek man, and he tells everyone in town that a male bear ate a man in the woods. Moral of the story: Never trust a jew , when he says a check is in the mail :p .

I think i'd rip my IP's throat out if he said that. I'm guessing you did IFS in Pensacola. Fvcking rednecks...:icon_rage

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Although I (slightly) disagree with this, as told to me by a helo bubba:
"Look, the only impressive thing a helo can do at an air show is crash". (He was on his way to Oceana's air show)

And one of the instructors at Whiting:
"No I didn't want to fly rotary wing. I had no great desire to be able to touch a tree while in the cockpit".

plc67

pilot
One of the sayings that inspired me to go helos was"If you ain't in the zone, you ain't in the war" Helos do their most impressive things at non airshow events.
What is IFS? Never heard of it when I went through but that was when dirt was new.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Some of my favorite flying phrases

We control the weather the weather does not control us!

Man...I'm feeling really macho and invulnerable, lets do somthing stupid!

Ha ha! You were scared weren't you!

Yeah, I did not just see lightning keep going.

Sarge

CNAF COS
pilot
Contributor
As one of my former CO's like to say:

"A night cat shot is the direct result of a poor pre-flight."

HercDriver

pilot
Super Moderator
A common IP saying in the Air Farce when I went through Chuck-130 training was: "Don't do anything Dumb, Different, or Dangerous" (The infamous Three D's).

And isn't there a Navy Jet saying, to the effect:

"The greatest things in life are a great orgasm, a great sh!t, and a great landing. A night trap is your chance to experience all three". (Corrections please).

(Edited to make it less ignorant).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A common IP saying in the Air Farce when I went through Chuck-130 training was: "Don't do anything Dumb, Different, or Dangerous" (The infamous Three D's).

And isn't there a Navy Jet saying, to the effect:

"The greatest things in life are a great orgasm, a great sh!t, and a great landing. A night cat shot is your chance to experience all three". (Corrections please).

Night trap... cat shot is the launch part ;)

HercDriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks for the correction. An edit is in order....

The only thing I know about carrier aviation is that a C-130 once did multiple landings and take offs from one.

Gracias again.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Following a very dark night trap...our XO proclaimed to the ready room watching the plat for the recovery that, "It was darker than a black felt hat full of dirty assh0les out there tonight."

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the correction. An edit is in order....

The only thing I know about carrier aviation is that a C-130 once did multiple landings and take offs from one.

Gracias again.

That C-130 pilot had nuts. Seen that video multiple times.