• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coming at it from this angle

BackOrdered

Contributor
Update:

One more question regarding extracurriculars...I'm involved in some various activities around campus, the Navy just wants to see I'm well rounded with school and other activities right?

Curing cancer in my spare time isn't looking too promising.

They want to see leadership. Just being a member isn't enough.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Ahh I see. Makes sense. So higher up positions in clubs and organizations actually organizing events and planning with people.

It can be easier said than done.

When I transfered to University to finish my degree, I just found clubs of interests and threw myself at "whatever" and maintained enthusiasm in myself and others in the clubs. Long story short, I was elected into Student Body Senate after being on campus a year. Demonstrating an aura of leadership can go a long ways.

If that is too ambitious, I would suggest event coordinating. It doesn't require the election process or as much membership/time equity and it demonstrates leading a team to a solution or cause. My last tip would be making sure it is a cause you believe in or a cause that you think will bring positive change YOU want in the organization. Ex: I actually ran a care package drive for my friend who was killed in Iraq with our formal high school. Your motivational statement will write itself if you take that route.

echowhiskey

Tenax Propositi
It can be easier said than done.

When I transfered to University to finish my degree, I just found clubs of interests and threw myself at "whatever" and maintained enthusiasm in myself and others in the clubs. Long story short, I was elected into Student Body Senate after being on campus a year. Demonstrating an aura of leadership can go a long ways.

If that is too ambitious, I would suggest event coordinating. It doesn't require the election process or as much membership/time equity and it demonstrates leading a team to a solution or cause. My last tip would be making sure it is a cause you believe in or a cause that you think will bring positive change YOU want in the organization. Ex: I actually ran a care package drive for my friend who was killed in Iraq with our formal high school. Your motivational statement will write itself if you take that route.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely would want to make sure it is for something I believe in and NOT just to fluff a resume. That would be doing it for the wrong reasons.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Thanks for the reply. Definitely would want to make sure it is for something I believe in and NOT just to fluff a resume. That would be doing it for the wrong reasons.
Don't ever resort to fluffing. You'll never get in the business that way and you will always be called on just to fluff.

Fluff once and you'll be a fluffer for life.