• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

college major matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penderwt

yut king
I'm a music/education major @miami of ohio...300 pft, 3.3 gpa (that's freshman yr. w/all the liberal arts classes, so no, i didn't get a 3.3 gpa in music classes). my oso said it shouldn't matter because my application is strong. he said if a board was on the fence between me and an engineering major, it might make a difference, but that's unlikely.

how valuable is calc and physics? would y'all say they're necessary?

yeah, i take crap from my friend (usna physics major) all the time about not doin jack at school, but when i retire, it'll probably be to a music teacher/prof position, so don't give me too much ****.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
penderwt said:
how valuable is calc and physics? would y'all say they're necessary?

For your own enlightenment and knowledge
:icon_smil

reapergm

Spin, from this site... is SNA in IFS. He was a music major. Does that give you an idea?

Yeah, the avatars on this board are getting funnier... Used to be jets jets jets... Now its things such as The Cheet, "special" people, and funky animals. I love it

Hudson

penderwt,
I was a music teacher. So yes that means I majored in Music. When I was going through the application process I looked at the Marines Briefly. The OSO said it would not be a problem. It wasn't a problem for the Navy as well. I got in and am going through the NFO program in Pensacola. So far I have had no problems with and of the Course work. Good luck to you. Your music studies will help you when it comes time to think under pressure and work as part of a team. Do some community service stuff as well and you should have no problem. Also Kick a$$ on the ASTB.

AggieMC

Future Marine Aviator
It would make since to me that while it may not be required to have it before hand, at least a few basic courses in Calculus and Physics wouldnt be a bad idea. I'm a math major (yeah, still shooting myself in the foot for that one) and have actually found the physics and math courses helping to explain alot on how things work while flying. Also the applications of physics and geometry are endless. But it may just be because my mind works wierd. I'm the guy that sees a roller coaster and thinks forces being applied to you as you go around the loops :icon_tong

FlyinHigh

Yeah but having all of those classes in math and physics will just make the academic part of flight school that much easier. Im an aero-engineering major, and yeah it sucks ass right now but it will pay off. Good luck with your studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.