• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

college major matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penderwt

yut king
i was having a conversation with someone else on this forum...how important is your college major to getting selected?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, in NROTC world, your major can boost your overall "score". If you have an engineering major, you get extra points. If you're a history major, you don't. It's not a huge deal though.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, not a big enough deal to do a technical major if you happen to really enjoy subjects in a non-technical major. Don't waste your college years studying something you really have no interest in.

On the flipside, don't burn bridges by taking the easiest classes you can find. Assume that you will be going to some type of graduate program later down the road, and do well in the courses you take. Throw in the physics and calculus sequences, and you're set. Of course, if you're looking down the road to Test Pilot School, an engineering major would probably be a good choice.

TargetInSight

Fly Navy said:
Well, in NROTC world, your major can boost your overall "score".

Fly Navy,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we in the US MARINE CORPS section... in the Marine OCS category? Oh boy the sentry fell asleep... :sleep_125

Hahaha...

Yeah Steve hit that one clean and straight through. Do what you love, but don't avoid challenges.

Though Women's Studies might not be your best bet for a major... at least not in this Marine thread- ask Fly Navy about that one :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TargetInSight said:
Fly Navy,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we in the US MARINE CORPS section... in the Marine OCS category? Oh boy the sentry fell asleep... :sleep_125

Hahaha...

Yeah Steve hit that one clean and straight through. Do what you love, but don't avoid challenges.

Though Women's Studies might not be your best bet for a major... at least not in this Marine thread- ask Fly Navy about that one :D

HA! I didn't even notice the forum it was in. I just clicked on it. Oops.

Nice joke. But seeing that you're a Marine APPLICANT, I'd have to ask your major. Is it Basketweaving? Maybe Counting? How about Alphabet Studies? ;)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GPA is more important than major. There are plenty of us who are liberals arts majors and have done just fine.

TargetInSight

Fly Navy said:
But seeing that you're a Marine APPLICANT, I'd have to ask your major. Is it Basketweaving? Maybe Counting? How about Alphabet Studies? ;)

Hahaha good one. Two words for you as you're in your Floating Luxury Hotel...

Village People

:captain_1 :clown_125 :icon_carn :chef_125: :icon_part :icon_hat:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TargetInSight said:
Hahaha good one. Two words for you as you're in your Floating Luxury Hotel...

Village People

:captain_1 :clown_125 :icon_carn :chef_125: :icon_part :icon_hat:

I think you're forgetting something... that Floating Luxury Hotel... yeah, you're gonna be in one too! That's right, allllll the amenities the Navy can offer the Marines. A nice WWII style rack to begin with, if you're lucky enough to get on an LPD. Lots of sailors to make you stand in line too. It goes like this: "Look a line! Let's stand in it!"... "Wait, why'd all the sailors leave?".

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
GPA is more important than major. There are plenty of us who are liberals arts majors and have done just fine.

Your avatar is a riot man. lol

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TargetInSight said:
Fly Navy said:
I think you're forgetting something... that Floating Luxury Hotel... yeah, you're gonna be in one too! That's right, allllll the amenities the Navy can offer the Marines.
In the Navy... you can sail the seven seas!

Big mouth from someone who's a civilian :icon_tong

I think we should stop though, we've uh... pretty much hijacked the hell out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.