• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-man

I have friends who tell stories about the "stoopid" people at OCC, who always manage to make life more interesting for them all. Some of them had Very Very low GPA's- and one even had to apply several times, but he got in, in the long run.

jaerose

EA-6B1,

I'll be maxed out at the O-1 paygrade because the time I spend in CASH and BDCP programs counts towards my time in rate and I'm on active duty so I get longevity pay when it's due. I hit OCS in August of 2003, and my enlist date is 8/09/03, which means after my first week my time in the Navy will be 3 years. If you check the pay scale you'll see that 0-1 is maxed out with 3 years in service. Not too bad. I'm not sure if the time counts towards retirement, though. I've been told yes and no. Maybe I'll find out and maybe not.

JR

jaerose

Originally posted by Daedalus
What is the CASH program? is it different from BDCP?

The CASH program is an enlisted program that will allow you to get paid for one more year of college before becoming an enlisted Nuclear Propulsion Mate (NUKE). I did this because, as I stated above, I had to wait a semester to bring my cumulative GPA from both schools up to par, which I did, but I also wanted to get paid while doing it.

I entered this program (as did my friend who also uses this site D_Mac05) with the intentions of getting a commission and trying to go pilot, so I actually got my first physical as an officer's physical. I was fortunate that it all worked out, so there's something to be said for planning.

JR

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Yes,

We are the lucky ones. We BOTH went CASH then transferred into BDCP (actually, I was credited with a referral for JR (E-5), even though I didn't really refer him; his mind was already made up). But, we both will have 3 years this coming August
jump_125.gif
. It feels good to have an edge over others, pay wise that is (and hopefully skill wise also). But JR, to answer your question, BDCP time DOES count as retirement time. I have researched this well enough that I found out this is the case. So, when we get commissioned, we will only have 17 years to retirment, instead of 20.

Later,
propeller_125.gif

D

jaerose

Nice. That's what I like to hear, D. There's nothing like early retirement =) I think we'll be a pretty good study group in OCS (supposing we're in the same group). Hey, I'll give you a call on Sunday.

JR

Lt_SNA_USMC

No one cares about your GPA or your major. It has nothing to do with whether you get selected for a slot or not. 4.0 or 2.0, liberal arts or physics has nothing to do with whether or not you have what it takes to be a Marine. They let Pensacola worry about whether you have what it takes to be a pilot. Do what your OSO says, make a 2.0, don't be a dork, have some confidence and be a PT stud. That's your best bet.
Lt Williamson

Status
Not open for further replies.