• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COD-speak

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
MasterBates said:
So Bunk, on a good-deal scale where would you rate COD?

I've seen, like a few others, both sides of the house. In 3 and a half deployments, I've stayed on the boat for 6 months, then split it 3 and 3, then did the island hopping stuff, spending the majority on shore for 7 months. I would say it's definitely a good deal staying on shore. COD work isn't hard, it's just long, at times boring but you get to stay at hotels at night, sometimes party in good towns and live it up a bit. Have to deal with the ship not giving a **** about you because you do have a good deal. Have to deal with foreign countries and some of their bs. Have to fly through all sorts of nasty weather over open ocean in a beat up POS. That's the deal though. So with the good deal and not being a tactical avaitor, just have to put up with the "red-headed" step child attitude, have your beer, visit your stripper and be on time for the overhead.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
bunk22 said:
...I would say it's definitely a good deal staying on shore. COD work isn't hard, it's just long, at times boring ... Have to deal with the ship not giving a **** about you because you do have a good deal..

That's okay. He's from LAMPS. More of the same, w/out the good deals. :)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
That's okay. He's from LAMPS. More of the same, w/out the good deals. :)
And you guys deserve every bit of sh!t that you get. :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well...no arguement there. But in the immortal words of Dr. Dre (paraphrased), the effects shall be reflexive.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Well...no arguement there. But in the immortal words of Dr. Dre (paraphrased), the effects shall be reflexive.
Sound very similiar to what a roomate of mine on the ship used to say all the time. "There will be retribution!"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Sound very similiar to what a roomate of mine on the ship used to say all the time. "There will be retribution!"

Hmm, I swear that's from something, because my friends and I would say that in high school or college. Maybe it was just when we were playing Goldeneye in college.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
bunk22 said:
Have your beer, visit your stripper and be on time for the overhead.

Sounds like something ought to be stamped on the front of every bingo bag in the fleet!

VAmookie

gatordev said:
Hmm, I swear that's from something, because my friends and I would say that in high school or college. Maybe it was just when we were playing Goldeneye in college.

Well old man, you've just dated yourself. I think i was playing that game when i was like 12

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
Well old man, you've just dated yourself. I think i was playing that game when i was like 12

Yeah ha, I was in the 6th grade when that game came out, I believe.

Pags

N/A
pilot
CORPSviation said:
either that, or you've dated yourself. i guess even my balls are starting to get a tad old if i can say i remember playing it in college.