• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clinton/Obama vs McCain & ?

AJB37

If McCain is the Republican candidate, I'll be voting Republican, if not I'll vote Democrat as long as they don't pick Clinton. If it is something like Clinton v Huckabee or Romney, I'll be writing in Stephen Colbert... not that it matters being in California, the state always vote blue.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I like McCain and Huckabee... but I think Huckabee's tax plan is moronic, and I'm not a huge fan of McCain's either. I need to become more educated about them on other issues.

phrogpilot73

Seen in the other thread that turned out closed, and just wanted to comment:

McCain IMO is too anti-military IMO from what I've seen of his voting record.

Without looking up his voting record, and just off the top of my head:

Son and Grandson of retired Admirals.

Graduate of the US Naval Academy.

Naval Aviator.

POW in Vietnam for 5 1/2 years.

Retired Navy Captain.

Awards: Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, Purple Heart among others.

Without knowing what bills he voted for and against, as well as not knowing what "riders" existed on those bills, I would HARDLY call him anti-military in any stretch of the imagination.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Come on, people. All you A-holes start fantasizing about your candidates after they win a single small primary/caucus like they're going to sweep the rest of the campaign. This is what the media does to get ratings - the rest of you should know better! Clue: McCain won the NH primary prior to the the 2004 election too, but never had a chance in hell at winning the GOP slot.

Everybody throttle the fuck back. :D

Brett

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Come on, people. All you A-holes start fantasizing about your candidates after they win a single small primary/caucus like they're going to sweep the rest of the campaign. This is what the media does to get ratings - the rest of you should know better! Clue: McCain won the NH primary prior to the the 2004 election too, but never had a chance in hell at winning the GOP slot.

Everybody throttle the fuck back. :D

Brett

Mccain challenged President Bush in 2004? :-D

But yes, in all seriousness, NH and Iowa aren' very mainstream and haven't predicted the winner well in the past.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
I like Huckabee and Richardson. Richardson obviously has no chance in hell of receiving the nomination but if he did, I would vote for him. Huckabee has a chance of receiving the nomination but I just don't like some of his personal and political stances.

I guess I'll vote for Hillary.:icon_smil

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I think Huckabee's tax plan is moronic...I need to become more educated about them on other issues.
...apparently all their issues.

H.R. 25 "Fair Tax Act of 2007" introduced on 4 January 2007 by:

Mr. LINDER (for himself, Mr. BOREN, Mrs. MYRICK, Mr. MCCAUL of Texas, Mr. WESTMORELAND, Mr. CULBERSON, Mr. MILLER of Florida, Mr. PENCE, Mr. CONAWAY, Mr. CRENSHAW, Mr. NORWOOD, Mr. FEENEY, Mr. DEAL of Georgia, Mr. PRICE of Georgia, Mr. POE, Mrs. JO ANN DAVIS of Virginia, Mr. TANCREDO, Mr. BACHUS, Mr. GOODE, Ms. GRANGER, Mr. PEARCE, Mr. BRADY of Texas, Mr. NEUGEBAUER, Mr. BURTON of Indiana, and Mr. STEARNS) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.

Not Huckabee's plan, but he is campaigning on it. I recommend starting here: http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_basics_main

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Huckabee wants to introduce a Veteran's Bill of Rights and increase military spending from 3.9% of the GDP to 6% of the GDP (a throwback to the Reagan years). Funding? .... yes.

@ DanMav - If you want to educate yourself, just visit their campaign's websites and read up on their issues.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Vote McCain......do you really want a preacher running this country(Huckabee)?

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
And, good luck with that spin-countering. I heard a guy on the radio the other day, sounded like an average guy talking about spin. He said something like, "Spin? What the hell does that mean? Explain to me how spin is different than lies."

I was thinking, "I like the way this guy thinks."

Info is cheap these days. Sound information, though, is a bit more rare. Any advice on where to look, aside from the candidates' websites?

phrogpilot73

Info is cheap these days. Sound information, though, is a bit more rare. Any advice on where to look, aside from the candidates' websites?
Read up on the candidate's "stances" on the issues, then start looking at their voting record...