• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clinton/Obama vs McCain & ?

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Unfortunately, Dr. Rice probably already has a nice cushy chair waiting for her at the board of directors of some Washington think tank.

Recidivist

Rando-
You're making a pretty weak argument based on some speculation. Aside from the fact that you're addressing ONE issue and supporting it with weak speculative argument is one, but to top that off you're coming off like a conspiracy nut. Nobody's buying wolf tickets, OK?

While everybody is excited for bandwagoneering, what I want to know is, if the candidate you want to win isn't in first, are you still going to vote for him/her?

Just because I can't trust everybody: That's a rhetorical question. Listen to speeches, look at websites, go to rallies, whatever, but don't trust channel 2, and don't trust Iowa.

Random8145

Rando-
You're making a pretty weak argument based on some speculation. Aside from the fact that you're addressing ONE issue and supporting it with weak speculative argument is one, but to top that off you're coming off like a conspiracy nut. Nobody's buying wolf tickets, OK?

Like I said, I do not have the books with me. I can see why it would seem "conspiracy-like" regarding the book on POWs, that's why I suggest people read it first.

But I completely disagree that my Enron argument is based on anything speculative. There is absolutely nothing speculative about it, or even conspiracy-like. Read the book, all the information is documented in it.

While everybody is excited for bandwagoneering, what I want to know is, if the candidate you want to win isn't in first, are you still going to vote for him/her?

Depends, I mean no sense in voting for someone with no chance of winning, but you never know if your vote is what's needed to make that candidate the front-runner.

Just because I can't trust everybody: That's a rhetorical question. Listen to speeches, look at websites, go to rallies, whatever, but don't trust channel 2, and don't trust Iowa.

Agree.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I think Ron Paul was basically saying, "I don't think we should spend this money at all. Don't do it!. IF you are going to spend this money anyway, then please send some of it to my people in my district."

I don't see this as duplicitous. It's really more consequence management than anything. As long as something is certain to happen, even if you don't like it, you might as well make the best out of it.

Ron Pauls biggest problem is that he is unable to adequately explain his message. You have to have a fairly deep understanding of the history and underlying intracacies of the issues to grasp his point on most matters. Most Americans knowledge on policy issues is less than powerpoint deep. His message is not easily broken down into soundbites. His points that are fairly easily broken down into brief bites get muddled by his delivery.

He's a smart guy, but a terrible speaker and even worse debater.

As a Libertarian-leaning Republican, I am glad that Ron Paul has received so much attention. However, I couldn't vote for Paul as Commander-in-Chief. The man has been a Congressman for 20 years and before that he was an OB/GYN and an Air Force Flight Surgeon yet in one debate he said that he had never had to make an important decision.

Concerning his hypocrisy over bringing pork back to his district: When Glenn Beck confronted him on the subject Paul said, again, in a poorly worded fashion, that he had a duty to his constituents to serve them within the existing system, which of course he is trying to change.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah the book is controversial of course, IMO read it first though, then draw conclusions.

I am not wasting my time on a book that makes wild and unfounded accusations about a men and women who have devoted their life to serving their country, especially one who suffered as a POW himself for years. That has got to be one of the dumber counter-arguments I have seen on this site. I got better things to do with my time, like watching fungus grow on cheese.

You need to take off the tin foil hat, take down the blackout drapes on your dorm windows and get out for some fresh air.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
McCain+Condi Rice......undefeatable!
She would be a millstone about the neck of McCain...he certainly supports the war...but she had more of a hand in it. I think they would be crushed, as most independents (who both sides need to court) are unhappy with progress in Iraq.

McCain may still be a viable candidate, but I think there are probably better folks out there for him to hitch his star to.

Random8145

I am not wasting my time on a book that makes wild and unfounded accusations about a men and women who have devoted their life to serving their country, especially one who suffered as a POW himself for years.

The book has very extensive documentation and research. Don't close off your mind just because you don't like how something sounds.

Random8145

:D Yeah I hadn't meant it that way!

Let's just agree to disagree on this, but IMO if you spot the book, at least give it a browsing;)

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
It is unfortunate that more voters are not as insightful and well-researched as are some of you all here. However, many will vote based on racial, religious and gender bias, as well as on attractiveness and the simplicity of language of the candidate. These factors are certain to weigh in heavily as regards the general election; I guess we'll have to wait and see on the stupidity factor.