• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese spy balloons floating over the US and latin america

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
It's pretty amazing how well an APG-79 will pick up a child's mylar balloon floating through the airspace. I've had several instances off of Japan where the radar would show me a contact, and I would fly to that spot several times and not see anything, only to eventually merge with some kid's birthday balloon.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
We are dealing with things that are unidentified. They are definitely flying. And they most certainly are objects.

But just because that makes them literal unidentified flying objects still says fuck-all about whether or not aliens are involved.

I'm so fucking sick of the UFO/UAP = Aliens garbage. Get a life, people, or if that's too hard, get an Xbox or something.

I had a distant family member ask me once if I'd ever seen a UFO. I said I'd seen enough things that fooled me at first which turned out to be airplanes or weather phenomena that I was skeptical of anything that was immediately attributed to TS tech or ZOMG Aliens. He got really upset with me because he knows multiple airline pilots who can confirm "the truth is out there" and my answer was "typical government CYA", and blah blah blah. It got rapidly contentious, when I was just trying to answer his question in good faith.

I won't make that mistake again.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FBI is the lead CI agency.
I am aware!! I expect the FBI is involved and leading the investigation. My take was with the reporting. "Hunt" just doesn't work unless they are truly leading the hunt for the payload. If their dive teams are actually getting wet, fine. Didn't know they had that kind of capability. I imagine them in a Florida back water looking for a gun. But I am very familiar with their larger mission and legal reach. Doesn't surprise me they were involved in anti-piracy. I had a FBI Agent buddy who was deployed to Afghanistan a number of times in the mid 2000s.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm so fucking sick of the UFO/UAP = Aliens garbage. Get a life, people, or if that's too hard, get an Xbox or something.

I had a distant family member ask me once if I'd ever seen a UFO. I said I'd seen enough things that fooled me at first which turned out to be airplanes or weather phenomena that I was skeptical of anything that was immediately attributed to TS tech or ZOMG Aliens. He got really upset with me because he knows multiple airline pilots who can confirm "the truth is out there" and my answer was "typical government CYA", and blah blah blah. It got rapidly contentious, when I was just trying to answer his question in good faith.

I won't make that mistake again.
“Will you confirm my preexisting beliefs?”

“No.”

“Well fuck you blah blah blah blah blah . . .”

Discourse in 2023.

sevenhelmet

pilot
“Will you confirm my preexisting beliefs?”

“No.”

“Well fuck you blah blah blah blah blah . . .”

Discourse in 2023.
This was 2018, but yeah, that's pretty much how it went.

Every time I see an article now on UAPs now, it always includes "ZOMG Aliens", and it makes me cringe, remembering that incident. The media are just feeding on people's preconceived notions and making us all dumber for the sake of their click bait.

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
Seems like they could have sent up a helicopter to take a look at the one over Lake Huron. What was its altitude? 20K?

sevenhelmet

pilot
What do you guys think the Chinese “retaliation” will consist of, or is it just words?

Seems ridiculous to me- it’s like trespassing and getting caught, then suing the landowner because the cops arrested you. Then again, in today’s upside-down world, that doesn’t seem too far-fetched.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
What do you guys think the Chinese “retaliation” will consist of, or is it just words?

Seems ridiculous to me- it’s like trespassing and getting caught, then suing the landowner because the cops arrested you. Then again, in today’s upside-down world, that doesn’t seem too far-fetched.
Covid 4.0

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The entire point of Chinese ideology is that they are trying to create a world order where China is at the top and other countries are more or less feudal tributaries to the Middle Kingdom. So their reaction is more in line with them thinking that we really got caught poaching one of the King's deer.