• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charging people money to become a fighter pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I stated, I'm not criticizing his product (even offered that it could be something I'd buy), just his marketing.

mmx said:
What does bug me is how Mr. Rush is selling a rosy bill of goods about becoming a fighter pilot that glosses over the responsibilities one entails as an officer, or the very likely possibility that they won't be flying jets and have a 6-year commitment flying something....not so pointy.
This specifically is incorrect, and honestly, sounds like a negative critique to me.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I recant my statement due to mmx's sh-tting up of this thread.

Well, my apologies, I just wanted to clarify and articulate what I found uncomfortable about the site and what I thought was perfectly legitimate (and filling a niche in the space of published gouge). The first three pages of this thread were not very complimentary of the site in very broad terms. I'm clearly not the only one whose first impression of the site was not complimentary. On further investigation, it looks like his gouge is legit, and as I said earlier, if I spotted it on the shelf at B&N, I might be inclined to buy it. How come I'm the one who's "sh-tting up the thread?" for trying to articulate what might have given everyone such a bad impression?

SlickAg

pilot
I want Mr. Rush to respond to the candidate who's dogging him. That will make the thread awesome again.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I want Mr. Rush to respond to the candidate who's dogging him. That will make the thread awesome again.

Being a grammar Nazi in a previous post

Actually I think he (MMX) was trying to offer insight as to why there are some negative reactions to the gentlemans website... something that gentleman may want to take into account and consider changing. Maybe you could spend a little less time reading through threads looking for the final solution to grammar problems, or you could attempt to comprehend what people are trying to say.

In other words, quit acting like a SNAP. If Mr. Rush has a problem with his posts, I'm sure he is more then capable of addressing them without you fighting his battles for him

There's a time and a place for this. At this point your posts are being counter productive...

SlickAg

pilot
I understood precisely what he was saying. However, I've always believed that if you want people to take you seriously, you should try to spell correctly. Especially if I'm going to get into it with a senior officer. (Yes, even on the internet. Because it's polite and correct.) Otherwise you just look stupid, and it doesn't help your credibility.

If you have a problem with my posts, why don't you delete Steve's posts as well? He was defending Mr. Rush too.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's another perspective. Regardless of whether you support Mr. Rush's business (for the record, I do not), there's another aspect of it that should be considered. Using one's rank and status as a military member for financial gain is expressly prohibited in the standards of ethics for DOD personnel as delineated in the Joint Ethics Regulation (JER) and DOD 5500.7 series. While I understand that Mr. Rush is on terminal leave, what he has been engaged in is unethical and arguably a UCMJ offense. It is not my intent to get anyone in trouble or be some kind of whistle blower, but I would advise Mr. Rush to use caution, especially if he intends to continue serving in the reserves. This enterprise would not pass muster with any JAG Ethics Counselor.

Brett

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Using one's rank and status as a military member for financial gain is expressly prohibited in the standards of ethics for DOD personnel as delineated in the Joint Ethics Regulation (JER) and DOD 5500.7 series. While I understand that Mr. Rush is on terminal leave, what he has been engaged in is unethical and arguably a UCMJ offense. It is not my intent to get anyone in trouble or be some kind of whistle blower, but I would advise Mr. Rush to use caution, especially if he intends to continue serving in the reserves. This enterprise would not pass muster with any JAG Ethics Counselor.

Brett

I am not familiar with the UCMJ, but what would make something like this questionable behavior, while being a consultant to a defense contractor or being CNN's military analyst is not? Or, should Wesley Clark and a dozen Lt. Colonel's on cable news find new jobs?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am not familiar with the UCMJ, but what would make something like this questionable behavior, while being a consultant to a defense contractor or being CNN's military analyst is not? Or, should Wesley Clark and a dozen Lt. Colonel's on cable news find new jobs?

You'll notice that those folks are all retired - makes a big difference.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
If true ... you need to get out more. Or watch the Comedy Channel more. Or attend one of Tony Robbins motivational seminars .... or all three??? :)
Hey, it was a compliment. Every now and then, you say things that make me laugh. This was one of those times. Yes, I do need to get out more. Soon, very soon.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fighter-Pilot.org thread - Major Ed Rush

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow officers, distiguished retirees, midshipmen, officer candidates and anyone else who frequents this website:

I should have addressed this issue sooner, so I appologize to those of you who think this is coming out of left field.

Recently, there was a thread on Air Warriors in which several people had a discussion regarding the nature of the content found on the website, www.fighter-pilot.org, owned and operated by Major Ed "Head" Rush, USMC. Several comments were made regarding the legitamacy of the information he is selling. That in and of itself is not an issue. People are free to discuss differing perspectives of consumer products on the open market. However, when these differing opinions are combined with posts containing random comments that may or may not be directed at Mr. Rush's character and reputation as a Marine officer, the entire thread has the potential to be interpreted as libelous in nature. While individual members retain the copyrights of the individual posts they make, anything posted on the forum falls under the legal responsibility of Airwarriors.com.

After further discussion with the members whose comments are in question, I have determined that at no time were they attempting to defame Mr. Rush's personal character or reputation as a Marine officer. As an instructor pilot in the F/A-18 Hornet community, Mr. Rush maintains an excellent repuation for being a very knowledable and skilled pilot. Regardless, in my opinion, many comments made by Airwarriors forum members were unnecessary and I have deleted the thread in its entirety.

In order to maintain Airwarriors.com's good name and repuation, I ask all of you to be careful of the comments you make regarding private individuals. While I no longer own nor am legally responsible for any part of Airwarriors.com, I still maintain a vested interest to see this website grow and continue to help aspiring Naval and Marine Corps officers.

All the best and I thank you for your continued cooperation.

--Steve Wilkins

f14forever

Fighter Pilot Power Pack

So i found this website http://www.becomefighterpilot.com/ and was wondering if anyone here has used this program. He seems like a good salesman, but I'm thinking any information I can get my hands on before I go talk to a recruiter is a good idea. If anyone has heard of this program or used it I would love to know. Thanks in advance guys.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.