• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Change to the age 60 rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
I don't want to fly for the "man" and then drop dead @ 62 years old. A lot of pilots -- my friends --have done just that.[/b]
[[/b]

So, alot of your pilot firends have "dropped dead" at 62 eh? Isn't that between 60 and the the new proposed 65 retirement age? I have to admit, I have witnessed the same. I don't care to fly for the airline past 60 either. In fact, I'm trying to bail out early. The poor bastards that have lost large parts of their pensions have a point in wanting to make up for the lost retirement benefit. But historicaly most guys that want to go past 60 either have no life, as A4s says, or are paying alimony for two past wives, a failed business and the boat he can't aford. I never felt like I had to support a change in my retirement planning because of their poor life decisions. I don't think it will pass this year, but next most likely.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
Hey A4s, We can go fly Helicopters together meet me at the SAN 090 at 50nm 200' guns only, Ill email you the shot validation charts. :icon_smil

P.S. --- O.K. , can do --- only if we can go "debrief" afterward at Boom's (I'm afraid it's closed) or a resonable facsimile or the Hotel Del .....

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Don't mind if they up the retirement age for pilots (might let me get twenty in with an airline after twenty in the Navy).

I think the real issue they should address is capping the age of stewardesses at around 25. That would make much more sense to me ... ;)

My vision for my future career?

0,1020,86517,00.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
I think the real issue they should address is capping the age of stewardesses at around 25.
He's looks under 25.....this is the real problem with the stewardesses......
1Gomer03.jpg
.....and it's not that he's dressed as a Marine!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
.....this is the real problem ......and it's not that he's dressed as a Marine!
1Gomer03.jpg

..... Actually .... his main problem is that he is as queer as a $3 bill --- he lives in Kahala/Black Point and was at a party we attended last year. Very disturbing. Watch out, SGT Carter ..... Sha-zayam!

beau

haha A-4's you bit hard!!! I was thinking about the pay offs issue....there are certainly dudes out there who are flying who should not pass their physcial, but they do (hmmm? ;)) I guess more moto for us to stay in shape and all that stuff....

really I'm thinking that with medicine being better today.....people are lasting longer and are healthier longer before they start losing their stuff(well, some studies and research would need to be done to give it the go on this route). I guess, longer retirement means less jobs for joe schmoe out of school trying to fly commerically (or retired military)...unless the Airlines expand

ah, if flying wont kill ya, not flying will :icon_tong

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
beau said:
ah, if flying wont kill ya, not flying will :icon_tong

You got it little Brother .... truer words were never spoken. One thing we all can count on --- we're goin' out of this world just like we came in ....

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
A4sForever said:
..... his main problem is that he is as queer as a $3 bill ---
Exactly, but he looks under 25 in that picture.

It's funny, the women flight attendants get pissed when you call them stewardesses but the men FAs don't! :eek:

BTW - did you hear that Rock Hudson didn't have any friends but (drum roll) he had Neighbors up the ass?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
firefriendly said:
Wait Wait Wait, are you telling me that Gomer Pyle WAS gay? ....

No, I'm telling you that he IS .....

Gomer07.JPG
The only question remaining is: Why is SGT Carter smiling ..... ???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Raise the mandatory age 60 retirement?? Evidently the pilots aren't as concerned as the media and the politicians .... ???

The FAA Age 60 Rule Survey closed on Friday, April 29, 2005. The survey was open to every U.S. and Canadian ALPA member in good standing--including "Active" (AC), "Executive Active" (EA), and "Grievance Pending" (GP) members.
The top 10 pilot groups participating by percentage of response rate were:

Kitty Hawk - 58.39 percent

United - 51.05 percent
FedEx - 50.87 percent
America West - 49.38 percent
ASTAR - 47.49 percent
Alaska - 45.55 percent
Delta - 44.86 percent
Northwest - 44.64 percent
ATA - 44.36 percent
Continental - 42.70 percent

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
No, I'm telling you that he IS .....

Gomer07.JPG
The only question remaining is: Why is SGT Carter smiling ..... ???

Maybe he's smiling because he knew THIS was going to happen?

CNN News ... 8 August 2001

Give that Gomer a medal

HONOLULU, Hawaii -- Gomer Pyle's hard work and honesty are paying off -- finally.

The title character in the popular sitcom that started airing in 1964 is being promoted to lance corporal on Thursday (Aug 9, 2001), according to The Associated Press. Jim Nabors, the actor who played Pyle, is to receive the honor from Gen. James Jones, commandant of the Marine Corps, at a private ceremony at Camp H.M. Smith on Oahu.

"I told the general I don't know if I should accept this -- it's just too much
power," says Nabors, 71. "At this stage of my life, it's almost too much to think about what it could lead to."

The idea for the promotion came from Jones when he met Nabors earlier this year, Nabors said.

Jones, Nabors says, "was laughing about it and said, 'You never even made it past the rank of private!' He said, `We should really do something about this.'"

Other Marines apparently think the promotion is long overdue.

"Even though Gomer wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer," says Marine spokesman Chuck Little, "he maintained all the attributes that a Marine is supposed to have. He was honest, trustworthy and always gave 100 percent."

HONOLULU, Hawaii August 9, 2001 (AP) -- Surprise, surprise, surprise!

After 37 years, fictional Pfc. Gomer Pyle on Thursday achieved the promotion to lance corporal that eluded him during five years in the Marine Corps on the popular television sitcom in the 1960s.

Actor Jim Nabors, who starred in CBS's "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C," was pinned with the lance corporal insignia, a PFC stripe with crossed rifles, by Gen. James Jones, commandant of the Marine Corps.

It took place during a no-nonsense ceremony on a parade ground at Camp H.M. Smith, headquarters of the Marine Forces Pacific and the U.S. Pacific Command.

"Sgt. Carter would be amazed," said Jones, adding that personnel in other services probably are asking: "What in the world are the Marines doing today?'

Although Gomer Pyle, the Mayberry service station attendant Nabors created on "The Andy Griffith Show," had trouble adjusting to the Marine Corps, he displayed the attributes of a good Marine, Jones said.

"He's honest and embodies integrity. He is filled with determination. He extensively attempts to do the right thing in every circumstance. He is selfless ... and he is loyal to a fault," he said.

Nabors, 71, who lives in Honolulu, told the 300 Marines and family members attending the ceremony that reruns of "Gomer Pyle" have given him celebrity with a new generation.

While walking through O'Hare Airport in Chicago recently, he heard a passing boy say: "Look, mother, there's an old Gomer Pyle."

Nabors said Gomer wasn't stupid like many people thought "but actually it was he only wanted to see the good side of everybody and everything."

"I'm very honored that Gen. Jones did this. It was a total surprise to me," Nabors said.

promotion1.jpg

promotion3.jpg

promotion2.jpg

pvtpyle3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.