• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of becoming a fighter pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Patmack18 said:
You may think it's all straight and level BS, flying boxes and people... everything has it's easy parts and challenges... just because you THINK you're up to snuff w/ a 3000 hour bus driver dosen't make it so... I'm not knocking you... don't get me wrong... I just hear this attitude a lot from guys that haven't been on both sides of the fence. Especially around the squadrons. I promise if I threw you in an ATR or B1900 Sim, I could get you to kill yourself w/in 10 minutes with one or two simple emergencies...

Dude, everyone here knows you are the best T-34 pilot Ever! Nobody Cares!

I hate to burst your bubble of sunshine, but you haven’t been on both sides of the fence. Last I checked, you were still an SNA.

What kind of idiot tells a Hornet pilot that he could kill him in an ATR sim? You gonna pull that one out on the JDizzle on your BI-9 check?

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Ok, so patmak come in slightly defensive, but still leaves the ego statement at the end. People in the military make fun of the civilian because there is no way to compare the intensity. It’s like a rugby game vs. golf.
The point of this thread was if civilian time boosts your performance in the military. That’s what jarhead answered in response to.
Your argument really wasn’t about military talking down to civilian. It was about boosting your ego and trying to be the tough guy in the forum. We’ll just sit back and watch how well your pull of your first PH departure. I’ve got a case a beer that says your gonna screw it up just like everyone else.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
okay you two, there's only one way to settle this...

...meet at the playground at 3

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
No, it’s just the way I read the responses. I’m going to chill on this subject. But I was serious about the case of beer – whenever you start up ground school, we’re grabbing a late night sim and playing for beers.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Please be kind enough to post the results for the rest of us laymen to see.....

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
oh gee, you have to be a military pilot to be a professional pilot? please...

I would love to see how many of "professional" pilots on this board would handle a Piper Cub with a x-wind. But that's right, you can fly a T-45 so anything below its capabilities must be a joke, right?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I couldn't imagine what you guys would scream if you broke a nail.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
i don't think i'm "up to snuff with a 3k hour bus driver" when it comes to flying Nav legs. thinking back though, i don't recall hearing anybody beyond Primary giving a sh1t about how much civvie time a person has before he joined the navy/Marines. and because i didn't have any civvie time before i started flight school doesn't mean i don't have any now

put anybody in a new aircraft w/o any training in that aircraft & he'll f*ck it away, just like putting you in a T-45 for the first time "with one or two simple emergencies" ...

S/F

Patmack18 said:
You may think it's all straight and level BS, flying boxes and people... everything has it's easy parts and challenges... just because you THINK you're up to snuff w/ a 3000 hour bus driver dosen't make it so... I'm not knocking you... don't get me wrong... I just hear this attitude a lot from guys that haven't been on both sides of the fence. Especially around the squadrons. I promise if I threw you in an ATR or B1900 Sim, I could get you to kill yourself w/in 10 minutes with one or two simple emergencies...

Patmack18 said:
So what you're telling me is that just becuase you fly the -18, Space Shuttle, SR-71, T-45 whatever... means that you're invincible in anything less? My whole arguement was guys that know nothing but mlitary aviation talking down to guys on the civilian side, especially went they haven't done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.