• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of becoming a fighter pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Michael- I'd like to take you on. I only have 200 or so hours now.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Michael W said:
I'm your Huckleberry, of course it kind of contradicts what I was saying when you've already gone through the program now doesn't it.

Dude, seriously...
Just shut the **** up already. Stop trying to tell everyone the right and wrong ways to go through the pipeline (especially winged aviators). No one on here cares about your 3000 hrs. You haven't spent one hour flying the Navy way, so you have zero grasp on how to succeed in flight training. Do you think no one got good grades before IFS or that only prior pilots got jet slots? Sure, prior time will help in primary, but everyone's seen prior PPL's get their asses handed to them in a VT. And all that time amounts to jack when you try to fly a jet or a helo having never done it before. Stroke your ego elsewhere; no one here is going to help you.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
American_Ace said:
Err, are you serious? You don't think you need good grades or you need to be in shape to be a pilot? I see what you're doing, you're making me clarify so that kid will understand my post a little more. Good idea.

The way some of you are talking to officers is really starting to get to me. This is the internet where everyone uses usernames, so its O.K. to ignore the sir sandwich and get to the question asking. But man, if you said something like that to a field grade's face when I was around, I would kick you to the curb. Since some of you are getting ready for OCS, just imagine how a Marine DI is going to respond. Hell, even the fearsom 20 y/o Navy midshipmen at the academy is going to make you feel some pain (I'm sure Integer can tell you all about that).
If someone says something you don't like, take a moment and think about who you are responding too. There are plenty of tactful ways to disagree if you don't like their opinion.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Patmack18 said:
Anyone with any measure of experience knows that hours equates to situational experience... there is nothing that says 3000 hours is gonna have better stick skills than 200 hours. However somone w/ 3000 hours of real world flying has seen more situations, and been in a few stickier scenarios than the 200 hour dude. THATS where flight time counts. Decision making, thinking outside the box, exposure to a broader spectrum of aviation....

logging 3k hours taxiing people around straight & level is a lot different from 1000 knots of closure on a 2vX intercept ... like i said, i had Zero hours when i started Primary, but when i got to K-rock, i felt just as even as the dude with many civvie hours

semper fi

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
The difference is that if you gave us a day to study for your sim, and I gave you a day to study for a weapons sim, the results would be pretty comedic.

*edited for proper english*

35_NSS

Patmack18 said:
You may think it's all straight and level BS, flying boxes and people... everything has it's easy parts and challenges... just because you THINK you're up to snuff w/ a 3000 hour bus driver dosen't make it so... I'm not knocking you... don't get me wrong... I just hear this attitude a lot from guys that haven't been on both sides of the fence. Especially around the squadrons. I promise if I threw you in an ATR or B1900 Sim, I could get you to kill yourself w/in 10 minutes with one or two simple emergencies...

Watch out you guys, i have 5,000 hours in flight simm 2000 and my log book keeps growing. I even got the patch to go with it. Hell, they tell me I'm on the advanced track to go fly the space shuttle. The ATR or B1900 is a piece of cake to fly, nothing compared to the cessna 152 or the k1000 ultralight gyrocopter. hahahah gimme a friggin break

35_NSS

Patmack18 said:
Ever been in a Level D sim? You can earn a type in it, and the majority of airline pilots that have gotten you from A to B, flew that model of whatever you were in, for the first time, with a full load of passengers. As far as actual flight hours in a real log book... why don't we just leave that one alone. God I hate this AFDO duty while the wx sucks....

A Level D WHAT? Hey man, i got one word for you and its
United_airlines_forum.com you'll fit in alot better over there buddy. Push your buttons and drink your coffee

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Hey, does this count? I have hundreds of games playing Harpoon! <Most of you probably have no clue what that is> And I'm great at Axis and Allies. Just pin the stars on me!

Just so you guys dont get bent, that was a joke....

DairyCreamer

Harpoon is this shiznit dude. I was so pissed when Ubisoft dropped V4. I wanted a new version that was actually smoothly compatable with XP.

Still though, makes me feel more like a SWO tactician ;) Give me a realistic Navy flight sim that has realistic carrier ops and flight systems (say, the equivalent of Falcon 4 w/ SuperPAK 4.1), and I'd kill all my time in that. I would love to have a realistic Navy sim that covers all the bases, but for whatever reason, people focus on WWII and Air Force crapola. Falcon 4 IS awesome, but give the Navy some love here people.

~Nate

VetteMuscle427 said:
Hey, does this count? I have hundreds of games playing Harpoon! <Most of you probably have no clue what that is> And I'm great at Axis and Allies. Just pin the stars on me!

Just so you guys dont get bent, that was a joke....

Status
Not open for further replies.