• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG Outlook 2012

jtmedli

pilot
It is not just CG, but other services as well, people looking to join don't just walk into the office blind, they do research, I have had applicants tell me recruiters have told them various things such as "go enlisted first, you have a better chance at being an officer", "go infantry then do a designator change to be a pilot", "we only take pilots from the Acadamy", "if you join the CG you won't go overseas", or the one from 2 weeks ago "if you join the Navy you will be deployed on a ship for several years and only come back for repairs". These recruiters were caught in lies and people talk so others will know.

FWIW, I heard a lot of this same crap when I was trying to get into OCS from various other services. I knew it was BS and walked away. Sadly, some don't do their research and don't know.

I was told you really aren't competitive for OCS unless you had a 3.5 GPA or higher in college, regardless of the rest of your resume. Is this true? What stats did you have when you were selected for OCS?

SamAca10

I was told you really aren't competitive for OCS unless you had a 3.5 GPA or higher in college, regardless of the rest of your resume. Is this true? What stats did you have when you were selected for OCS?

You've gotta understand that OCS is really hard to get right now. We have way more officers than we need at the moment, and OCS is a faucet. Since the well is overflowing there's not much of a need to turn it on.