• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier Mishaps

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...I also wanted to make A4s cry.

70088259md6.jpg

You only hurt the ones you love ....

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You haven't ground looped an airplane until you have done it in a tail wheel airplane. A ground loop in a tail wheel plane can be very damaging. In a nose wheel plane it is just "taxing in circles".

Truly the last hope in a no brake situation on the flight deck are the brown shirts and blue shirts. They will try to throw one of the tie down chains they have around their necks around one of your main mounts and then get the trailing hook into a pad eye. If you are lucky the chain will catch on something and no one gets run over in the process.

HuggyU2

None
The slo-mo of that A-7 ejection sure makes it look like the canopy didn't completely clear before the seat fired.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or, if all else fails to stop the Hawkeye, aim for a (chocked, chained, unmanned) Hornet. We've got lots of those, they can spare one. :D

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or, if all else fails to stop the Hawkeye, aim for a (chocked, chained, unmanned) Hornet. We've got lots of those, they can spare one. :D

You guys use the same briefing as us??? Excellent!
(*Although is use to be "hit an S-3, the air wing will be safer."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys use the same briefing as us??? Excellent!
I was about to say the same . . . I wonder what the Hornets brief. :D

(Actually, we brief use anything that doesn't have a prop or rotor since those won't stop you, just chop you up and create shrapnel.)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
We actually have a briefed priority (after, of course tugs and the island): Phrogs, Shitters, then Skids. I've never seen it actually used though.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, a Hoover slid into a parked, turning E-2 a little while ago (not on purpose). Chopped up the S-3, clobbered both that Hummer and threw pieces of prop and Hoover into the E-2 next to it. Nobody got hurt, fortunately, but they had to fly a RAG E-2 out to keep the squadron going. Not a lot of extra E-2s laying around.

And not true that the E-2 on the flight deck is probably broken. E-2s like to fly, and they stay pretty up whilest on the Boat. It's the ones on the flight line back on the beach that are probably broken.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And not true that the E-2 on the flight deck is probably broken.

It is safe to say that a C-2 below decks is definitely broken. It likes to stay off the ship. That's why we have the maintenance determination of "one time shot to the beach."

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, yeah. Nothing more fun than watching the COD guys trying to get off the boat. "We only need one engine...launch 'em!"

Not that I blame them.

phrogpilot73

We actually have a briefed priority (after, of course tugs and the island): Phrogs, Shitters, then Skids. I've never seen it actually used though.
Seems that you would really be waiting until the last minute, for the sole purpose of taking out your angst...

But I understand what you're saying since there are more Phrogs than Shitters or Skids. But it seems that since they bone the Phrogs up front, followed by Skids then Shitters in reality it would work the opposite (unless you're going to ride Mr. Toad's wild ride until the end).