• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAPT Scott Speicher - KIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
I heard Clinton say something like, "If he's alive we'll do everthing we can to get him back." Yea...let's ask Iraq's permission to go in and look at the crash site, it will only take two years. Meanwhile, Scott is sitting in some Godforsaken jail cell. I don't think Scott hesitated when they told him to blast off the carrier into harms way.

If he comes back he should never have to pay taxes again, they should give him an island, name the next aircraft carrier after him, and give him a Super Hornet to make-up on all the flight time he missed out on.

beau

Well put........I dont think there is anything that we could do to repay him, if in fact he is still alive and we rescue him....and that still is a big IF. If he is still out there, God speed to get him home to his (ex) wife and kids. The Super hornet might help!

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I would like to get a POW-MIA Bracelet somewhere. Any good web sites? Thanks.

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
If you want one for Scott Speicher then go here:
http://www.freescottspeicher.com

Just go to the support link and you can buy all the stuff you want for him.

If you want one for someone else, im a little unsure of the link. Try the one that the other guy posted for bracelets.

@hennekecfi,
you sound like your getting a little hesty, buddy. Clinton didnt make the decision to go ask Iraq, but Clinton didnt really do anything for Speicher except get him back in the publics eye. he let the Pentagon make the decisions about the going back for him (the same guys who declared him dead in the first place).

Dont get me wrong dude, Im not a Clinton supporter. He has done a lot of stupid things. You should read about some of his decision surrounding the Battle of the Black Sea in Mogadishu in 1993. But there are bigger people to blame in the Speicher case, like General John Shalikashvilli, who directly made the decision not to send covert teams in for, and I quote him directly with, "old bones". He was then the Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff.

in fact here is the whole quote:

"I do not want to have to write the parents and tell them that their son or daughter died looking for old bones."

Other people involved were Timothy Connolly, who tried VERY VERY hard to send teams in covertly. He kept using the Ranger creed of "I will never let a fallen comrade fall into the hands of the enemy" as his arguement. If you ask me that should be America's creed, not just Rangers.

kimphil

It's easy to second guess our leadership in hindsight, but they're the ones who have to make the tough decisions that can kill Americans and cause an international incident.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

ghost_ttu

Originally posted by hennekecfi
and give him a Super Hornet to make-up on all the flight time he missed out on.

don't forget the huge fuel pumps and access to the re-fuelers.

Henne I was at Lake Belton this week, heard that there are going to be 16's at the Temple airshow next week. Do you have any info on what all is going to be at the airshow? Do you know if they are allowing people to fly in and what they are charging? Just wondering.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
Hey Ghost~

Yea man....just heard their gonna have a B-2 flyby, Mig, confederate AF, and F-16. 10 Bucks. Go to http://www.centraltexasairshow.com/index.html for all the info.
Drop me a line if you go.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Guys,

Sorry to jump a little off the topic, but has anyone heard any word about the F/A 18 pilot that was downed in Iraq recently? I haven't heard a word about it for a long time....never heard if he made it out or what. Can someone update me?

D

La Tech Aviator

hey guys,

I too read the book "No One Left Behind" and found more information in it that from the discovery channel. I would suggest it to anyone. Also the Discovery Channel will be running the show and any updates on or around may 6.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Originally posted by D_mac05
Guys,

Sorry to jump a little off the topic, but has anyone heard any word about the F/A 18 pilot that was downed in Iraq recently? I haven't heard a word about it for a long time....never heard if he made it out or what. Can someone update me?

D

I have been wondering the same thing since before the 7 POWs were released. I even tried to do a search on CNN for any more articles about it, but couldnt find anything. I too, would very much like to know what happened.

ghost_ttu

Unless there was another Hornet lost I believe you are referring to Navy Lt. Nathan D. White. I am almost positive that they found him KIA.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

kimphil

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
Unless there was another Hornet lost I believe you are referring to Navy Lt. Nathan D. White. I am almost positive that they found him KIA.

I believe that a Patriot missile mistakely recognized his plane as an Iraqi Scud.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by D_mac05
So, does anyone know if they found "remains" or is this another probable outcome?
D

I heard he was found, KIA by a Patriot missile.

beau

Well sounds like some R and D for the patriot missile program........what was the count?.....Three Planes lost to Friendly SAMs?

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.