• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can Berkley CA become more anti-military?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
/threadjack
I respectfully disagree with the above.

Canada is a federal parliamentary democracy with constitutional monarchy.

While MPs are elected by the people, the senate is appointed by the Governor General. The Prime Minister is the head of the majority party in the House of Commons. The sovereign is still the Queen of England. Canada is hardly the exceedingly liberal republic that is the United States.

/endThreadjack

A republic is any form of government where lawmaking power rests with a body of representatives who are elected directly or indirectly to act on behalf of the populace at large. The monarchy in the UK is symbolic, ceremonial, and has no real power in the government. While there are structural differences, the governments of the US, Canada and the UK are functionally equivalent.

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/republic
Main Entry:re·pub·lic

a (1): a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2): a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government

b (1): a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2): a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government

c: a usually specified republican government of a political unit <the French Fourth Republic>

KILLERPHROG

pilot
This is some of the best advertising going. The idiots in Berkely just got the Marine's at that recruit center the best Fit-Reps they could have asked for.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
haha i'm game. you're gonna have me beat them down so you don't get in trouble? hahaha. what is the Navy's policy on beating down those who spit at you? as long as my flight contract isn't at risk, beat down it is. =)

Yeah, beatdowns are not recommended. When we used to run fartleks through campus and some tree-hugging bum would say something the Gunny would just say "You're Welcome!" On the flip side, two years before I went back the Battalion was in formation and got flashed by a hot young co-ed.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Hot young co-ed in BERKELEY???? I don't believe it... you may have a chronic case of "berkeley vision." I think Berkeley was voted like 345th place out of 350 or something like that in the girls department by the playboy magazine. It's a miserable place to be if you're looking for eye candy.

MasterBates

Hot young co-ed in BERKELEY???? I don't believe it... you may have a chronic case of "berkeley vision." I think Berkeley was voted like 345th place out of 350 or something like that in the girls department by the playboy magazine. It's a miserable place to be if you're looking for eye candy.

I assure you, the women of Berkeley beat the ugly out of the Women of Flint or Kingsville.

Unless you like fat women with 8 kids. :eek:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I assure you, the women of Berkeley beat the ugly out of the Women of Flint or Kingsville.

Unless you like fat women with 8 kids. :eek:

Or Embry-Riddle....ugh...

istockphoto_2899626_dorky_girl_with_flowers.jpg

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Even here at UT, we've had a few instances of anti-war anti-military confrontations. Every year the school has ExploreUT where all organizations put up stands (including ROTC units) and every year these people follow along too:

n7959290_36750858_679.jpg

n7959290_36750859_1006.jpg

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Yeah, smart chicks usually aren't hot. That's why I enjoyed my time at USD, where the average co-ed was excruciatingly stupid. :D

Brett

I mean, I don't know how it was in you guys' time but UCSD girls were 1000 times better than Berkeley girls while I was in college (2001-2005). and Brett, USD, I have no doubt in my mind that girls there are hot because I mean... two words... party school. =) excruciatingly stupid? haha... I guess that is perfectly fine as long as you're not looking for girls to take home to mom. But yea, once in a blue moon, when you meet and score that intelligent AND hot, "hard to get" girl... you get a sense of satisfaction that no excruciatingly stupid HOT girl can ever give you, even if the sex is the same. :D it's probably comparable to the extra satisfaction Naval Aviators get when they're landing on a boat when its pitch dark on a stormy night vs air force pilots who have long runways... yes they both flew and brought home the plane, but who feels better about themselves at the end of the day? I'm just a wannabe so it's just speculation of course. Hmm maybe that wasnt such a good analogy. :D

Huggy Bear

pilot

No kidding. I visited the campus recently with the family; more than a decade later there has been no improvement in the eye candy department.