• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Call from Recruiter

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
I applied to NFO several months ago and didn't get accepted. Since then I've moved on and gotten a very well paying civilian job. However, I never really stopped wanting to fly for the military. On Friday, I got a call from a Navy Llieutenant telling me that CNRC wanted me to resubmit my application, or at the very least strongly suggested it. I assume this is "A Good Thing". Would this mean that I probably have a better chance of getting in this time? I assume that they don't just call up people and ask for something like that for no reason. Has anyone had this happen to them? Anyone know what the criteria for this is? Thanks, I look forward to hearing any responses people might have.

gtg941f

pilot
resubmit your application

I know...that was a lot of help :)

As for you question. I've known some people who actually got word pack with their rejection that they should reapply to the next board, or sometimes they give suggestions (like retake the ASTB). Likely whatever they tell you, if you do it there will yield positive results.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you resubmit your application, you control the game this time.

You have a job, which provides security, so if you get the contract you want, you sign, if not, you're still set up okay in the civilian sector.

I'd say resubmit, you have nothing to lose if this is what you want to do.

r/
G

saltpeter

Resubmitting simply means signing and dating the forms. Plus you'll have to add your new job to your SF-86. All the forms you submitted should be on disk, hopefully, at the recruiting office. If they are not on disk and the recuiting office only has them on paper, I'd telling the recruiter to loosen his fingers and starting retyping them and you'll be in to sign them when he's finished.

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
I know a guy who was denied the first time and picked up when he resubmitted a few months later. Bottom line, if its still what you want to do then go for it.

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
I submitted my packet a month or so ago for SNA and it came back asking me to retake the ASTB. I did and my AQR/PFAR/FOFAR all went up but my OAR actually went done...which was very disappointing. Not sure if that means if it will get denied during this Friday's board or if they'll look at my PFAR more than the OAR but my recruiter said that it is very positive if they ask you to either re-apply or re-due something (i.e. ASTB).

luscombepilot

Airport Bum
I am in this same boat. I recieved a call a couple of days ago saying that they asked for me to come in and resubmit my applicaiton. SNA and SNFO spots have opened up, or were not filled and they need to fill them. My recruiter said it was very very positive and that chances on being selected are high. They didn't want any new applicaitons for this board, only 30-40 names on the paper that I saw were requested to resubmit. Anyone experienced this first hand before? I am not trying to get my hopes up, or anyone elses, but I am just curious to if this this is common and what has been the result in the past. Thanks,

jmiller82

I also received a call from my recruiter about two weeks ago informing me that I was a non-select for another community (Intelligence - apparently Intel boards are packed with 4.0 GPA / 65 OAR guys right now). He said they urged him to suggest that I resubmit under NFO (which was actually my 4th choice) and that "they need bodies." I resubmitted the next day, but I'm not sure when the SNFO board meets. Just got a call today from the recruiter stating the processor in Millington needed a finalization for a form I forgot to sign or something. Does anyone know when (estimates) in the month or how often the SNFO board meets for Pro-req?

baryon

My recruiter said there's an aviation board every month. Mine's going in for the April 30th board. (or is it the 29th?)

nublett

Been there, done that.
j_m74 said:
I also received a call from my recruiter about two weeks ago informing me that I was a non-select for another community (Intelligence - apparently Intel boards are packed with 4.0 GPA / 65 OAR guys right now). He said they urged him to suggest that I resubmit under NFO (which was actually my 4th choice) and that "they need bodies." I resubmitted the next day, but I'm not sure when the SNFO board meets. Just got a call today from the recruiter stating the processor in Millington needed a finalization for a form I forgot to sign or something. Does anyone know when (estimates) in the month or how often the SNFO board meets for Pro-req?

JM, Intel's loss can be another community's gain. I'm Intel, and speaking with non-intel peers who were turned-down by the Intel board, they are very happy that they were turned-down and thus exposed to alternatives. They all love what they do, and are successful in their communities.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
In response to Rearden... I recently told an applicant to resubmit as per CNRC... he resubmitted and was pro-rec'ed. I say resubmit. To echo others, you're set... you have security in the civilian sector. Listen to your recruiter, but take it all w/ a grain of salt. You'll be fine. Good luck and let us know what happens.

If you want the job, resubmit your application. My first application was denied supposedly because there were no slots available either for SNA or SNFO (I applied at the end of the fiscal year). The letter I got from CNRC said that they strongly suggested I reapply. I had already intended on reapplying until I was accepted, but having a letter saying they suggest I do so was certainly reassuring.

Bottom line, you definitely won't get in unless you reapply. What have you got to lose?

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
Speaking about all of this, have any of you heard back from the board that was held on the 14th of April?

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
Heard back

Well, I heard back, and I got accepted this time. It would figure that I would apply twice in the past, both times with the Navy as my first choice and get denied both of those times, but now that I'm all set in civilian life, I would get accpeted. In any case, I'm proceeding with my application, doing the PRT, physical, and background check. Anyone else who was in this same boat hear back as well? My recruiter is also telling me that the latest I can leave is June 24th, as that is the last OCS date that will graduate before the end of the fiscal year. That the same as what other people are hearing?