• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Call from Recruiter

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rearden said:
Well, I heard back, and I got accepted this time. It would figure that I would apply twice in the past, both times with the Navy as my first choice and get denied both of those times, but now that I'm all set in civilian life, I would get accpeted. In any case, I'm proceeding with my application, doing the PRT, physical, and background check. Anyone else who was in this same boat hear back as well? My recruiter is also telling me that the latest I can leave is June 24th, as that is the last OCS date that will graduate before the end of the fiscal year. That the same as what other people are hearing?

Great news.

Now I want to hear more about this "very well paying civilian job" you are leaving. What was it? Management/blue collar? High tech/sales?

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
Computer programming, 80k per year. So yeah, high tech stuff. That's actually not really my biggest concern at this point, I can sit in front of a desk until I'm 90, and I'll have plenty of time to make money when I leave the Navy, but you can't sit in a fighter when you're 90. My biggest qualm is that the recruiter is telling me I have to leave by June 24, which woud mean I'd have to back out of being Best Man for my best friend in August, which seems like a small deal, but I've known this guy for 21 years, and I'd agreed to do this almost a year ago. You know of a solution to this? Or it's just something I have to suck-it-up-and-deal-with if I want to join the navy?

baryon

Well, I just got pro-rec'd as pilot, and my recruiter (and hence, most likely, the Navy) had no problem with me going to OCS after Jan 07 (which is what I put down as my earliest available date). If you put something else, that may be a different story, but at least for me, that's a non-issue.

GXS NFO

I got accepted NFO in April 06, after listing both Intel and SWO #1 & #2. I only listed NFO because my recruiter suggested that they needed bodies NOW. Turns out, that's who picked me up. So, I would imagine that the increase in the numbers for the community would mean you have far more leeway in what you do and don't sign.

My recruiter also said that they were in a big hurry to get our group processed, which is no big deal for me, but I assume this is why Reardon is being told of a "cut-off" date.

In any event, congrats, and I guess we'll be sweating off the pounds for the summer in Pen.

jmiller82

I was pro-rec'd for NFO June 9th, 2006, or at least that's when I found out from the recruiter. I initially applied Intel, PAO, and IW, and got nonselected for all (apparently Intel is more competitive than the recruiter thought, PAO - only one billet per year, and IW - needed more technical degree). Anyway, as all of the above posters have indicated, KEEP TRYING!! I have spent at least 11 months now trying to stay on top of this. The bottom line is that you can be as involved or uninvolved as you want, but once you submit that package, CNRC can wait as long (or be as fast) as they want. Remember, these guys checking out our packages are both members of the respective community to which we're applying, and officers. They know what it takes to be in the club and they've seen the guys that have come through the pipeline (OCS, Academy, BDCP, ROTC, etc) without qualifications. Don't get discouraged just because one board nonselects you.. I had some problems with my recruiters (who incidentally have now retired), but in the end, it was MY perseverance and the Navy needing NFO's that got me through.. I am waiting on CNRC to final select and get an OCS date and then I'm off to Pensacola! Good luck guys! By the way, anyone know of the next aviation board (that would be after today's date of June 15, 2006)?

kilikopela

pilot
j_m74 said:
anyone know of the next aviation board (that would be after today's date of June 15, 2006)?

Hey guys...new lurker and register to the site... I was just informed that I was NPQ'd for NA due to depth perception but have a NFO app going to the next board. From what my recruiter informed me, the next board meets tomorrow (6/16). Good luck!

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
Hey guys, thanks for all the words of encouragement, I was recently final selected for NFO and am going to the July 8 OCS class. Anyone else who's got that class, I started a thread over in the "OCS Class Dates and Information" topic. See you guys in Pensacola.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Rearden said:
My biggest qualm is that the recruiter is telling me I have to leave by June 24, which woud mean I'd have to back out of being Best Man for my best friend in August, which seems like a small deal, but I've known this guy for 21 years, and I'd agreed to do this almost a year ago. You know of a solution to this? Or it's just something I have to suck-it-up-and-deal-with if I want to join the navy?

That sucks man. I saw in your later posts that you have a July date for OCS. However, such is life with military. Stand by to miss more important dates as time goes on. My brother was going to be the best man in my wedding this september...until he was deployed. That's just the way it is. I'll probably end up returning the "favor" by missing his wedding in a few years. Good luck at OCS