• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BusyBee Blogs

brownshoe

Contributor
Heh... I thought he was Rickenbacker's "On Wing".:icon_tong

Seriously... He DOES however, hold the record for time logged in A4s, an award given him by Tailhook yrs back.

Just think, Flug we served with guys like this. What an honor!

Steve

Seriously... He DOES however, hold the record for time logged in A4s, an award given him by Tailhook yrs back.

Just think, Flug we served with guys like this. What an honor!

Steve

I did not know that, wow! :party_125:thumbup_1:icon_boun

BzB how many hours did you log in the A-4?

phrogpilot73

4,245 A-4 hrs..
HOLY BE-JESUS! Did your pen get a little fat towards the end of it? I'm trying to get 2,000 Phrog hours before the old girl is retired and my back is killing me! Are you in some sorta perma-traction after that many hours? One thing's for sure, they didn't know about "ergonomics" back in those days...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lady Jessie...

HOLY BE-JESUS!Are you in some sorta perma-traction after that many hours? One thing's for sure, they didn't know about "ergonomics" back in those days...

Nah, no fat pen, the Ops YN handled all log book recording. Actually, I do have a bad back, 700+ cat shots/traps plus a 300+ kt. ejection didn't help, was 5' 11" at enlistment, am 5' 6" today! :icon_hat:

Note: my final flight(s) were a 5-leg X/C NLC-CEF-NLC, 12.7 hrs. The A/C was an A-4F - VA-164's famed "Lady Jessie" (pictured in tonights new blog). VA-164's then CO, CDR Stan Arthur, later VADM, kindly offered his own A/C for my final flights prior to retirement.. Ask A4s to relate the story behind Lady Jessie's naming by the Squadron. :batman_12
BzB, w/ NO MO' *****s! :sleep_125

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Plaque...

100_3277.JPG

4,245 A-4 hrs..I'll post a pic of the plaque soon (buying new camera). :ghost_125
New blog going up tonight (funny)! :jester_12
BzB :sleep_125

Here's the plaque! New computer working well, Operator...not so much! :idea_125:
BzB :sleep_125

100_3280.jpg100_3277.JPG
pencil.png

pencil.png

phrogpilot73

Out of curiosity, how did you do this? Was it Operational -> VT -> Operational -> Operational DH ?
His last flight was a TA-4J, so maybe he ended with a VT DH tour? >4K in model is amazing. Hell, >4K hours TOTAL is amazing these days...

I still can't help but wonder if Skeeterman is reading this thread, waiting to post in another forum about how to edit a photo using Photoshop...

brownshoe

Contributor
Just got this from our buddy BzB!

"The "Graduation" was great! The Doc & Ladies were surprised & delighted. They deserved it, they treated me like a King… daily, for 6-weeks. I even got a Diploma! Glow free at last, glow free at last,thank God I'm glow free at last!"

Really great news!

Steve

(BTW, Hugh Lil' Ben wanted to know if he could wear my ball cap. I told him no. Hint..hint.)

Attachments

• Dad's Oncology Team.JPG
    Dad's Oncology Team.JPG
    769.7 KB · Views: 92