• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BusyBee Blogs

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
BusyBee- thank you for taking the time and effort to share these stories.

Hal- thank you for drawing everyone's attention to them as I otherwise wouldn't have known to look there.

What a great read while I enjoy my freedom and personal liberty- freedom to enjoy something as simple as a cup of coffee on a lazy Saturday morning.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BusyBee is one of our "been there, done that" Viet Nam veterans who was flying combat missions when dodging SAMs and AA was just another day at the office. He has recently post a couple of blogs entries that are "good reading" and I highly recommend them.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/blog.php/21573-BusyBee604

(He's was definitely rocking the cruise stash too...)
Thanks for the link. Until now, I had overlooked his blog.

brownshoe

Contributor
Great reading thanks for sharing the link! Also glad to see BzB got his new keyboard...

Not just a new keyboard: Toshiba - 5gb ram 50 gigs of storage, and external HD greater than 500gig -. bigger keyboard and bigger monitor. :) BzB is kickin' now!

(Just to think…25 years ago I thought I was hot stuff when I had an AT with two 20meg HDs and a math copro chip. Ahem… not to mention an EGA card and EGA monitor, Viewsonic, mind you. Needed that so I could play all those Sierra games! Space Quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest and of course Leisure Suit Larry.)

Flugelman

Contributor
Not just a new keyboard: Toshiba - 5gb ram 50 gigs of storage, and external HD greater than 500gig -. bigger keyboard and bigger monitor. :) BzB is kickin' now!

(Just to think…25 years ago I thought I was hot stuff when I had an AT with two 20meg HDs and a math copro chip. Ahem… not to mention an EGA card and EGA monitor, Viewsonic, mind you. Needed that so I could play all those Sierra games! Space Quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest and of course Leisure Suit Larry.)

Heh... Neophyte...:icon_tong

I was the first guy on my block with a 1200 Baud modem and a Televideo MPM (Multi user CPM) machine with a 10MB internal HD.

Only because that is what we sold and I could get them at cost.

CAMike

None
Contributor

"Leisure Suit Larry" was a hilarious game back in the dawn of PC games. My customer "Sierra Online", now known as Universal Activision designed and manufactured that game in Oakhurst CA when 100 meg hard drives and 386 processors were all the rage. Great tech back then. Now? Not so much if anyone even remembers late 80's tech.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I won't even bring up my old Commodore 64. :icon_wink
Nor my Apple IIC with its whopping 124K memory and hooked up to a 300 Baud modem.
Sloooooooooooooooooooooow. :(

Nor the massive and expensive IBM mainframe that filled a large room in college. Its only input was punch cards, and it had the processing power of a maybe digital watch, but at probably 1/10th the speed.

A typical IBM 7094 sold for $3,134,500 in the 1960s.​

ibm360color.jpg

Programming with FORTRAN into punch cards was so tedious, I sometimes wondered what good computers would ever be.

brownshoe

Contributor
BTW. Where is BzB? He has a new 'puter! No more "*'s" which seemed to upset some folks.:icon_wink

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
Well, hopefully he's "Busy" putting together some more blog entries.:)

I say we start PM'ing the shit out of him!:) Maybe that'll get the "old fart's" attention.:icon_wink Hey, ask him some questions about when he flew with Eddie Rickenbacker. :)

Steve

Flugelman

Contributor
I say we start PM'ing the shit out of him!:) Maybe that'll get the "old fart's" attention.:icon_wink Hey, ask him some questions about when he flew with Eddie Rickenbacker. :)

Steve
Heh... I thought he was Rickenbacker's "On Wing".:icon_tong