• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Burning questions about OCS, flight school and Navy life

NO NO AND FUCKING NO!

Once a week if you are LUCKY. She needs to be able to operate without you, and vice versa.

As someone who has been there, and dealt with that, you are setting yourself up for failure and ass-pain in so many ways you haven't even thought of yet if you "expect" that.

And if you are a guy who cuts out of work, blows off shit just to get your money spender on the phone, you WILL piss off the other guys who don't and then catch grief from their wives about "Well LTJG Sonicboom calls his wife every night/week/whatever! Howcome YOU don't!!! Don't you LOVE me???!!?? WWAAAAHHHHH!"

We had a guy who would have what would best be describes as "Chat via email" with his wife and kids. Every fucking night. Hogged the computer in our stateroom. Would skip dinner to get on it. His wife would brag about how "Dave" "Chats" every night with her. My wife, and the other 3 roomates wives/girlfriends got PISSED at us (this wasn't just the Manatee being a bitch) at us because WE did not chat with THEM.

You can tell them "Dave" hogs the computer. They won't care. All they know is "Sheila" is getting to "talk" to Dave and they aren't getting the same. They will be pissed, and take it out on their husbands/boyfriends. Which got us all pissed at "Dave".

I hadn't really intended to invoke such a strong response but thanks for the heads up.

ps. How do you get your call sign? If I want to be "sonicboom" for example (don't worry, I don't) could I choose it, or is it chosen for you. I recall watching Flight of the Intruder and Danny Glover gives the new LTJG the call sign "Razor".

"You look 12. Did they teach you how to shave at the Naval Academy?"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hadn't really intended to invoke such a strong response but thanks for the heads up.

ps. How do you get your call sign? If I want to be "sonicboom" for example (don't worry, I don't) could I choose it, or is it chosen for you. I recall watching Flight of the Intruder and Danny Glover gives the new LTJG the call sign "Razor".

You don't choose, it is chosen. Search for 'callsigns', there are several threads.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Seems like you're already working on one. E.T. maybe? Always wanting to phone home. That's just off the top of my head and it'll probably be the nicest one to come from a thread like this.

Verizon, Leash, Vag, HATCHET (Hogs All The Computers Hogs Every Telephone)...I don't know..but that's off the top of my head too..

Oh, shit, guess I barked up the wrong tree. Good thing by the time I get ready for a callsign nobody will remember who the hell I am, lol.

MasterBates

Seems like you're already working on one. E.T. maybe? Always wanting to phone home. That's just off the top of my head and it'll probably be the nicest one to come from a thread like this.

So let it be written, So it let it be done!

Yul_Brynner_in_The_Ten_Commandments_film_trailer.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

The ghey factor just went up with this post :eek:

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Man, this is about the time the P-3 tube-slugs should be bragging about being ashore each nite... but that would just be insensitive... ;)

Thank you propwife for a great post!
Pickle

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You asked for it. That's like hanging meat in front of a hungry lion's pride. You are the Meat and the rest of the AW crowd are the lions. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)