• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Burning questions about OCS, flight school and Navy life

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Damnit! I wish there was a feature where you could go back and look at people's attempted posts/threads/emails/voicemails.

Technology allows too much after-the-fact editing!

Back in the day, when you sent a "Fuck you!" letter, it was unstoppable!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
So let me get this straight ... you saw something, thought so highly of it that you thought "hey, I should post this on AW!!!", and then go running for the hills??? Time to man up sonicboom - let us see it. ;)

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
My guess would be a post to the gist of:

You think your life sucks?! Look at this fish!
"Males are free swimming when young but before they mature these small fishes (about a tenth the size of the female) attach themselves permanently to the hind body of the female and become parasitic. Their blood supply becomes continuous with that of the female and most of the internal organs degenerate; in essence the male becomes an appendage to supply sperm when required." - Wikipedia

The rule of thumb is if the Navy pays you before you get to OCS, you will have to serve enlisted time (active duty prior enlisted, BDCP, NUPOC). If not, you get an administrative separation and go home. Be advised that out-processing takes longer than going through the program itself and graduating.

Is this official? Any link to an official Navy site where I can see this in writing?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Read your contract when you sign it. That's about as official as it gets. My contract had a clause written in it that if I attrited for anything other than NPQ, I would go to great lakes for boot camp to serve as an undesignated seaman for two years (NUPOC). I think all BDCP contracts have something like this. People who just walked in off the street and didn't get paid till day 1 of OCS had no such clause, or so they said.