• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Burning questions about OCS, flight school and Navy life

Clux4

Banned
That move in girlfriend thing can be good and bad. I never really liked it. I hate cleaning up after people.
Some of us just don't do well with women. I just stay away from them altogether George Clooney is my Idol. Alimony sucks and I have heard of horrible stories. I have sisters but men, whatever happened to the homemaker types.

Every single minded man should look at the Present Supreme Allied Commander - Gen Mathis as an example. A 4 Star General with no dependents. I wonder how many toys (or money saved) he has acquired over the years.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That move in girlfriend thing can be good and bad. I never really liked it. I hate cleaning up after people.
Some of us just don't do well with women. I just stay away from them altogether George Clooney is my Idol. Alimony sucks and I have heard of horrible stories. I have sisters but men, whatever happened to the homemaker types.

Every single minded man should look at the Present Supreme Allied Commander - Gen Mathis as an example. A 4 Star General with no dependents. I wonder how many toys (or money saved) he has acquired over the years.

WOW! I was reluctant to ask such a question, but I was wondering if there was ever an un-married, bachelor flag. Thanks!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I dunno sounds kinda gay (note: not the SAC part the George Clooney Idol, not doing to well with women, part...) :D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
A friend of ours is a local Orthopedic surgeon. He was offered a job in So Cal, starting pay $600K a year plus a home. For whatever reason, he turned in down to keep his $250K or so job down here. I'm in the wrong business for money but I'm also no where near smart enough to be a doctor :(

snake020

Contributor
A friend of ours is a local Orthopedic surgeon. He was offered a job in So Cal, starting pay $600K a year plus a home. For whatever reason, he turned in down to keep his $250K or so job down here. I'm in the wrong business for money but I'm also no where near smart enough to be a doctor :(

There are scams even in the Navy; I have a friend who just direct commissioned as an Ensign and the Navy is paying for her dental school and giving her a nice stipend while in school - total package is worth over $200k. And since it's a three year school and most dental programs are four, they offered her an additional $20k signing bonus if she signed on for a fourth year of active duty vice three.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Some of us just don't do well with women. I just stay away from them altogether George Clooney is my Idol.

Yeah, sex sucks. I hate it. In fact, I will take all this a step further; Don't just use the Gen Mathis example, stay away from women all together. If every single man would take up this policy I could spread the clap even faster to every hottie in America.

Obviously I second the fact that the above quote violates don't ask don't tell. I think Asexuals are part of that equation, if you are on your way to making that claim v. being gay. :)

Zbone8762

I'm a 2ndLt. over 3 years. When I left TBS, got BAH, went over three years, added a dependent, and started getting flight pay, I got about a ~26,000 pay raise. Essentially getting 1stLT. pay as a 2ndLt. All the academy/ ROTC guys who were giving me shit about having to pay college loans and crap like that - I guess I had the last laugh when I did PLC and moved way up the payscale. Either way - for all those Marine types out there - PLC is a great program (get in as early as possible). Also, change your residency to FL, if you haven't already - NO state income tax.

navy09

None
Question for you AD guys...

How much of your BAH do you actually spend on rent/mortgage? I know that for some it's like 50% and for others it's like 150%. I'd like to try to bank at least some of my BAH as a lowly O1 without having to live in a cardboard box in Tijuana.

BigRed389

None
Question for you AD guys...

How much of your BAH do you actually spend on rent/mortgage? I know that for some it's like 50% and for others it's like 150%. I'd like to try to bank at least some of my BAH as a lowly O1 without having to live in a cardboard box in Tijuana.

50%.

Unfortunately, utilities(cable/water/electricity) sucks up another good 25%.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I live alone and spend about 110% with all utes.

Like you said, though, you will see 50% to 150% so asking is kind of silly. It just depends on who reads this thread and decides to answer what results you will get.

Raptor2216

Your response to that is to buy us all drinks?

Digging himself a deeper hole.

digging1192832476.jpg