• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bravo Zulu USCG

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can imagine the lady at Sikorsky. "What, you need a CASE of SAR pins?!?"

phrogpilot73

airgreg said:
Wow. Bless those guys flying over their own flooded houses to save others they have never met. Heroes.
I know some of the Coasties down there aren't flying over their flooded houses. Elizabeth City sent at least one HH-60 and a C-130...

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Brett327 said:
I don't care if it's a CSAR going down in the middle of WWIII, or some wayward guy about to bite it on his sailboat in the midst of a raging tempest, nothing brings a tear to my eye faster than Americans taking care of our own - no other nation in history does it better, brothers.

Brett

There comes a time in nearly every day that I am on this site when Brett says exactly what I'm thinking. This was one of those times.

That sort of stuff is the proof that we're all serving the greatest nation in the world. Don't let anyone or anything ever convince you otherwise. Love it or leave it, all you nay-saying anti-patriotic ****ers out there.

Keep on keepin on, shipmates, Marines, and Coasties.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
metro said:
There comes a time in nearly every day that I am on this site when Brett says exactly what I'm thinking. This was one of those times.

That sort of stuff is the proof that we're all serving the greatest nation in the world. Don't let anyone or anything ever convince you otherwise. Love it or leave it, all you nay-saying anti-patriotic ****ers out there.

Keep on keepin on, shipmates, Marines, and Coasties.
We had a Canadian-born teacher that retired two years ago; he was going home to Canada. And he gave a short little speach about how we should never be ashamed to be Americans (bear with my, mine is a pretty liberal school...). He said that for all the bad press America may get, it is always the nation that is there to help, especially in the context of natural disasters.

Not only do we help our own, but we are always helping everyone else too. It is expected, even taken for granted; people tend to forget it. People can bad mouth us for whatever reason, but at the end of the day, we will still stop and try to help them when things go wrong. I don't think we can or should expect everyone to love us, but as long as we remember this, and remain responsible, the nation will thrive.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167967,00.html

CAPT. BRUCE JONES, U.S. COAST GUARD: Well, what we’ve seen is absolute devastation in large portions of New Orleans (search) and the greater metropolitan area, with entire neighborhoods submerged, homes under water up to the rooftops, personnel trying to get out of their homes, hundreds and hundreds of people. We’ve rescued over 500 people from rooftops just within the last 30 hours by helicopter.

They’re continuing to emerge from their attics and windows. They’re attempting to wave us down with their arms or cloth or sign flashlights at our helicopters out there now, at night. We’ve seen people hacking holes in their roofs. They’re obviously in their attics, trapped by the rising water, and had some tools to get out. We’ve put rescue swimmers down to homes where people were trapped inside, and our swimmers have hacked holes in the roofs to get people out.
JONES: Oh, we’re absolutely determined. They’re raring to go, the crew. Again, it’s all I can do to get them to take a few hours of rest before they continue. And I should say, in addition to the many Coast Guard air crew that have been working around the clock in the last 30 hours, we now have extensive assistance from the Navy, from Customs, from the National Guard. The USS Bataan called this afternoon and sent two H- 53s to help us.

Skidtz

Puddle Pirate
One of the recent HT18 grads finished her "RAG" (T-Course for us) Friday the 26th. She's stationed in New Orleans - flying 6 hours on, 12 off in constant shifts living on MRE's and bottled water. Two days ago, her helicopter alone picked up 41 people.

Now if the rest of us could just get out of the training command and get to work...