• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Branch Dilemma - Advice Needed

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
43d0b5995b1b24f0409639a4ddbae18c.jpg

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have another question tangential to the first question for anyone who wants to answer, preferably those guys that applied to multiple branches: I've gone through the entire process of selection for SNA in the Navy i.e. took the ASTB-E, took security questionnaires, passed MEPS, etc and currently I'm just waiting for the next board date which is many months away. What would I have to do differently and/or what else would I have to do when applying at a Marine recruiter for their SNA application? I know the Marines also use the ASTB-E but I don't know about the rest of the process. The reason I ask here instead of asking a Marine recruiter is that I'd rather not lay my cards on the table if I don't have to (yet).

The "ask your recruiter" answer definitely applies here.

Sonog

pilot
Apply to both dude. Unless you're a born runner and a 18:00 3 mile is nothing to you, you'll ultimately have a better chance of getting into the Navy. And going jets isn't a pipedream once you make it into aviation, something like 30% of Navy pilots fly hornets. If you don't get jets, you can still go rotary and shoot some cool shit at least pretending you're supporting the troops on the ground.

I was literally in your same place where I wanted nothing more than to blow the shit out of hajis who were trying to kill that 18 year old Marine on the ground. I'm 5 years in the Navy and I'll probably never get the chance to do no shit CAS, but even outside of the cool shit we get to do flying, the day to day life and the social aspect of ANY community in Naval Aviation is the best job in the world.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I'll probably never get the chance to do no shit CAS, but even outside of the cool shit we get to do flying, the day to day life and the social aspect of ANY community in Naval Aviation is the best job in the world.

So how do you like Sierras? ;)