• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boston Globe's 2009 in Pictures

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Pretty cool form flying:
918_21313165.jpg

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/12/2009_in_photos_part_1_of_3.html#photo18

Sullenberger made it too.

skidz

adrenaline junky
I am disgusted by the first several, save a couple, and most especially what has been claimed as the number one picture. Absofuckinlutely disgusting.

Number 39 is the one that has the most behind it, a true picture of a thousand words, plus feelings, emotions, convictions, and realization of reality.

I hate what the pathetic people of this country have become. Utterly worthless beings.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
I am disgusted by the first several, save a couple, and most especially what has been claimed as the number one picture. Absofuckinlutely disgusting.

Number 39 is the one that has the most behind it, a true picture of a thousand words, plus feelings, emotions, convictions, and realization of reality.

I hate what the pathetic people of this country have become. Utterly worthless beings.

Are we looking at the same pictures?

Kycntryboy

pilot
Unless your talking about picture #3, in which there are a bunch of cranes... birds piss me off... all of them, being FOD and all.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor

I'm disgusted by people who are completely closed minded and shoot their mouth off without actually thinking about what they're saying (I'm hoping you said this without thinking....)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

What? What the hell is wrong? The fact that we inaugurated a President? That fact that he is black? Or the fact that you don't agree with his policies? You had better get used to all three, kid. Every deployment order you get comes ultimately from him.

So what you're telling me is that you signed a contract to give up your life, if necessary, in the defense of utterly worthless beings. What does that say about you and your decision-making skills?

You're getting so bent out of shape about a slideshow on the Internet that you see fit to denigrate your Commander in Chief?

Grow up.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I think #14 is quite possibly one of the coolest shots I've ever seen. I'm curious how long it took him trying to get that shot before it ever came out right.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I think #14 is quite possibly one of the coolest shots I've ever seen. I'm curious how long it took him trying to get that shot before it ever came out right.

I was thinking the same thing. That was pretty amazing to see that baseball just floating there.

Clux4

Banned

What nittany said.

You know what else is disgusting, the fact that you are serving in the military.

IRfly

None
Ease up...He's a PFC or Lance Corporal (can't really tell from the picture) who is told every day that he's superior to the rest of humanity and appears to believe in the completely fucked-up idea that "it's judgement that defeats us." All I'm saying is, don't expect subtlety of thought. Or thought...

About the pictures...Some of those shots are just outright amazing. How about the guy getting the tear gas in Iran? Compare that to the spoiled hippies breaking windows in the London financial district. And, of course, #39 was a very powerful image as well, repeated many times over...

skidz

adrenaline junky
Subtlety is not what I do, as IRfly realizes. As for better than anyone else? No, simply another peon in this game that is expendable, yet still has the ability to think and know when something's fucked up.

What I meant by my disgust was not for the mere fact that I do not agree with his policies, or his race, or his placement in the office he is holding. It is that the media and brainless individuals have put so much exaltation on the event and especially himself. Has he proven himself at all since he has been in? I'd say not, and from a militaristic standpoint, he has hesitated and faltered and not even listened to the commanders he placed. Is another president being sworn in in a world of many elected heads of state take such precedence over all other events captured on film this year? Sounds like too many have soaked up the media's praise of him, sounds like lunacy.

Does that make any sense? Yall jumped immediately to racism, throwing the finger at the President, and even that I'm just a mindless machine dummer, brainwashed by those like me to be close minded. Interesting, when I look at this, I see many more close minded than I when it comes to this subject. Time to stop jumping to assumptions.